Auto-suggest helps you quickly narrow down your search results by suggesting possible matches as you type.
Showing results for
Search instead for
Did you mean:
The Community Team is working with PTC Product Management to provide status updates to ideas in all the PTC Community Idea boards.
To learn about status descriptions, please visit Community Welcome & How-To's
New IdeaSubmitted on10-13-202012:10 PMSubmitted byrichersoon10-13-202012:10 PM
Common Features already in Creo: Side plane, Top plane, Front Plane, csys, axes, etc.
Add a new feature (possibly under the Annotation tab) titled "Engineering Notebook".
1. Create Feature "Engineering Notebook".
2. This feature opens up a large format text dialogue box (think Microsoft Notepad or similar).
3. Engineers can jot down model notes here. Make reminder notifications for future model modifications, improvements. Make notes regarding difficult features that are present in the model. Make notes regarding feature failures, circular references. Make a wish list of features to add to the model when time is available. Make other notes pertinent to the usage, purpose, analysis, or history of the model... These are all text notes relevant to other engineers. This feature is intended to be an engineering notebook written by engineers for engineers.
4. This feature appears as an "Engineering Notebook" feature in the model tree. It is not attached to or associated with any other model tree feature.
5. Please do not point me to the "Annotate" tab and direct me to the "Annotation Feature". I want a notebook feature. Something where I can write a narrative, longform novel if necessary. A notebook feature that does not then clutter up the model screen with annoying "Annotation Feature" text.
... View more
Analysis Features have to be one of the best kept Creo secrets. The ability to create patterns of Analysis Features (Lengths, distances etc.) would be beneficial from a productivity standpoint, even if it's limited to specific use cases such as being able to create a reference pattern from another pattern of features such as points... The most likely candidates would be geometry measures such as distances and lengths.
Add in the ability to create repeat region reports (for X, Y, Z point measurements from a common datum coordinate system gets the Dev Team bonus points!!
... View more