cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

make current World-CSYS visible in Creo Parametric (as it is in Creo Simulate)

make current World-CSYS visible in Creo Parametric (as it is in Creo Simulate)

In Creo Simulate you can display the World Coordinate System (WCS) in the lower right corner by using the config.pro option sim_display_current_csys_triad=YES

This helpful information must be available in ALL modules of Creo Parametric !!!!

Vote for it !!! 😉 BR - Urs Simmler

Display_WCS_CSYS_Allways.jpg

4 Comments
Visitor
I would agree with this proposal but some additional info needs to be added here. First, it needs to be an option. So it can be enabled or disabled. Second, the cso symbol should have the same color code as the normal cso (red, blue, green) then it would be beneficial if the cso could function as a view orientation as well. Like in other CAD systems. If you click on the z-axis this will be oriented normal to your screen. I have a picture of such a cso but the system does not allow me to attach it to this mail. 😞
Visitor

Great idea! And please add: If you klick on an axis, for example X, then the model is turned and shown in plane Y,Z direction on the screen.

Community Manager
Status changed to: Acknowledged

Garnet

This would be a good way to meet ASME Y14.41 for model based definition, section 5.1.3, requiring a right handed coordinate system be displayed.  One in the model is fine, but I think this would be better.