cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Security Alert Log4j Security Vulnerability. Click here to know more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

more characters in dialogue boxes for names in ASSEMBLY

more characters in dialogue boxes for names in ASSEMBLY

Its not just in assembly mode, but I've picked this as an example, in several places through the Creo2 UI you end up with such a limited number of characteres that you can't see the end of names, which are often the key identifiers, really annoying, all that screen space and they put a tiny little non expandable box for the names.

As ever, why?

It must have been developed by someone who just called their test parts A, B and C, sadly in the real world 18 characters often isn't enough for the part name and reference name.

CREO2 ASSEMBLY DIALOGUE.JPG

4 Comments
TomD.inPDX
17-Peridot

This is one of the problems that plagues the whole of the ribbon UI. 

So much wasted space; so little detail when you need it.

sdesaulles
3-Visitor

Yes, I agree the Creo UI is indeed plagued by this sort of problem, but it needn't be. 

It is not the 'Ribbon UI" per se, but just a woeful implimentation of a ribbon type menu system by PTC where dialogue boxes do not automatically resize based on content, or are just plain not big enough, or don't allow manual resize.

My screen is probably almost 10 times wider than that miserable little box, and even the box has a strip of unused white space on the right almost to rub salt in the wound.

As ever, why oh why oh why?  Who do they use to design their UI?

PTCModerator
Emeritus
Status changed to: Acknowledged

olivierlp
Community Manager
Status changed to: Archived

Hello,

We are archiving your idea as part of a general review. This action is based on the age of your idea and the total number of votes received, as per this announcement.

You can always post a new idea with all the details required in the form.

Thank you for your participation.