Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"Cut-and-Paste" to move Dimensions from Part Drawing to Assembly Drawing

"Cut-and-Paste" to move Dimensions from Part Drawing to Assembly Drawing

Our company often creates very detailed drawings (with many dimensions, etc.) of plastic injection molded parts.  Later, we may determine that one of these parts requires (threaded or other) metal inserts that will be overmolded with the plastic.  In this case, we then make a CREO assembly of the plastic and metal inserts.  Note that in real life these parts are not literally assembled.  We then want a drawing of this new CREO assembly to have all the details (all the dimensions, etc.) that were originally shown in the part drawing.  We no longer need a CREO part drawing of just the plastic part because this plastic part will never exist in reality (without also having the metal inserts).  So, it'd be great if, in the original Part Drawing, we could multi-select dimensions then cut-and-paste them into an Assembly Drawing, eventually selecting a specific view, as long as the related assembly contained the same part. 

3 Comments
Dale_Rosema
22-Sapphire I

BRUCE SUMPTER

You may want to vote on your own idea....

TomE
1-Newbie

Just select the part in the model tree, add the model to the drawing and the show the dimensions. no need to cut and paste at all. Add dimension are a pain in the a@@.

bsumpter
1-Newbie

Tom, thanks for the suggestion, but in my opinion, that is pretty close to doing everything from scratch in regard to which dimensions are shown on which view and their placements in the views.  And I'm glad you mentioned "add" dimensions because "add" dimensions are used on occasion and the cut-and-paste option would allow us to recreate those easier (in the desired view, in the desired location).