cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can Bookmark boards, posts or articles that you'd like to access again easily! X

"Zoom To" RMB click

"Zoom To" RMB click

Add a  RMB "zoom to" in the Find collection results.

zoom_to.jpg

7 Comments
TomU
23-Emerald IV

Creo 4 is supposed to have the ability to zoom directly to any selected feature or component (and also automatically expand the model tree to that item).  I imagine this will work when features are selected via the find tool as well.

dplachinski
6-Contributor

Thanks for the comment. I was at the TC meetings last week and saw Creo 4.0 demos. You will be able to zoom to from the model tree. However from the "find" collection menu, it is not incorporated.

dplachinski
6-Contributor

This added functionality would be useful when trying to find very tiny, open gaps in imported models. Creo is able to find the one sided edges, but doesn't draw your attention to them.

TomU
23-Emerald IV

Interesting.  I'm pretty sure the demo I saw was zooming in from something selected in the graphics area, but I could be wrong...

dgschaefer
21-Topaz II

Any info on when we might see Creo 4?  There's still nothing on the product calendar.

TomU
23-Emerald IV

Sometime next year.

By the way, I just followed up with the person who did the demo.  He confirmed that zoom is based on the currently selected entity - graphics area or model tree.  He also said he would look at getting items selected from the search results included as well.  I guess we'll have to wait and see.

olivierlp
Community Manager
Status changed to: Archived

Hello,

We are archiving your idea as part of a general review. This action is based on the age of your idea and the total number of votes received, as per this announcement.

You can always post a new idea with all the details required in the form.

Thank you for your participation.