Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

repair option "Regen_failure_handling"

repair option "Regen_failure_handling"

NRM.png

It was primarily vote to kill old mode with "resolve_mode", but because votes go down I changed the request to PTC in this idea just to repair this functionality, so please start vote up!

Because even in Creo 2.0 this switch in background to "resolve_mode" and still exist in Creo 3.0 - I vote here to repair option "Regen_failure_handling" - I think it isn't worth to come back to oldfashioned way of working - nad the most important is that Creo shouldn't switch incydentally by self to oldfashioned mode!

The main reason of my vote is that this parameter in unexpected way can switch to "resolve_mode" and to fix back to "no_resolve_mode" it is really time consuming process for advanced models with e.g. 2k features, because first user must choose "suspend all" option wait for regeneration and because cross section are at the bottom after this can fail again so if cross section is base on core datum plain user must again choose "suspend all" and as result all part features will be suppressed...

11 Comments
Topaz II

Voted no because having the option available for those who prefer it doesn't hurt those who don't.  I personally wouldn't set it to resolve mode, but others may want that functionality.

Sapphire II

I agree with Doug. Don't remove options just one user doesn't use it. It's just another tool in the tool box. If you don't like it, don't use the option.

Amethyst

I'm generally also ok with old functionality, but there must be some errors inside Creo, because from time to time even when in our settings we have set for Regen_failure_handling=no_resolve_mode randomly the solver appears. I put this for vote because this was sent to PTC support few times, but we have no idea why it happend.

After discussion in our design team I put here the voting topic, because we all agree that the all functionality of the old solver is pretty well covered by new Creo functinality, so it is no need to go back.

Have you got any proof or practical explanation why someone can use the old solver?

From my experience the old functionality is very painful and time consuming to go back to the modern way of working if the system shift uncontrolled to resolve mode

If you have the option set to Regen_failure_handling=no_resolve_mode

How do you prevent people checking in parts and assemblies with unresolved failures?

We're still back in the stone age here, but I'm interested to know for when we eventually join the new century.

John

Amethyst

With new Creo solver fixing failures is much easier, and we never checking in parts with unresolved failures!

The option only change the habit how Creo react when failure will happen.

I strongly don't agree that the oldfashioned resolve_mode is a "Tool" in the tool box!

This is rather bug in new solver...

Garnet

Roman,

Unless you use the old resolve mode you most likely are saving parts with missing References.
The new functionality will not catch all features with missing references.

Example1: put a radius on a solid edge.  Now insert before the radius and add a draft feature then resume the supressed features with oute redefining the radius.  The radius is now referencing a assumed edge.  This gets worse with the draft feature is later deleted and replaced by something else.

Example2:  error message feature x is missing reference to feature y which is missing reference to feature x    This error message can only be seen with the old resolve mode.

Hope this helps<
Don Anderson

Amethyst

Don,

thanks for explanation and good examples - this may sense if we are talking about your scenariou, but in my vote request I wish to avoid Creo to change the mode by self and randomly without any reasonable purpose.

PTC should improve this functionality like this: if there is risk to loose references solver should show warning to the user and offer proposal to switch to "resolve mode" - do you agree?

Thanks in advance

Roman

Amethyst

Hello Doug,

since your comment and vote down pass some days and I was hit by this unexpected behaviour several times and I can't agree with you "having the option available for those who prefer it doesn't hurt those who don't" - because even if I don't wish to switch to resolve mode Creo incydentaly go to resolve mode by self, so esspecially for you and other who voted down I changed topic name for this idea, to not kill this option ot even old mode, but only to vote up for repair this in Creo.

Could you be so kind and vote up if you agree with my explanation?

Thanks in advance and regards,

Roman

Topaz II

Roman,

Have you reported this to PTC?  I've not had Creo 2 flip back into resolve mode personally, perhaps there's a bug in Creo or perhaps it is somehow related to your database?

If it is working as intended, I think perhaps you should create a new product idea, this one has become confusing.

Amethyst

Doug,

I was reported this issue to mu support Econocap (PTC reseler), but we still looking for source of this unexpected behavior and maybe it can be provided by our system settings, Creo, Windchill or Startup Tools - don't know.

The pitty is that whenever Creo switch to old mode we just see the Regen_failure_handling=resolve_mode - but it is not set by any config file!

this parameter is switching to unwanted value on fly and randomaly. We already tested many scenarious and found no proof and grab no video, so it is hard to create report and send it to PTC. Today I refresh this issue to Econocap again and we agree to ask PTC wht they are thinking of this...

update 19,02,2015

I was found that this parameter "Regen_failure_handling"  is switching to "resolve_mode" on fly perhaps because of Startup Tools we are using - this is at the moment under deep investigation...

Community Manager
Status changed to: Archived