cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Help us improve the PTC Community by taking this short Community Survey! X

select multiple components together to set the dimension upper bound /lower bound in an assembly

select multiple components together to set the dimension upper bound /lower bound in an assembly

In Creo Parametric, to check for interference in an Assembly by considering the upper/lower dimension tolerances of components, it is now NOT possible to select multiple components to make all their dimensions upper /lower bound. It is only possible to select select multiple dimensions one by one which becomes a tedious task in a large assembly.

The capability to select component (s) to make all their dimensions upper/lower bound will make the interference analysis of assemblies a much faster and easier task.

4 Comments
mender
6-Contributor

I think I'm missing something her.e  I see (in Creo 2): [Analysis tab] > Dimension Boundaries > Upper > Set All.  In part mode, that sets all the dimensions of the part; in assembly mode, it prompts you to pick components to set all their dimensions' boundaries, which sounds like what you're looking for?

SureshPerinjery
8-Gravel

My enhancement request is to enable selection of multiple components in an assembly to make all their dimensions upper/lower bound in one go. At present with the component selection only one component dimension changes even if you select multiple components. For making the dimension upper/lower bound for each component in the assembly you have to go through the process again. please check

mender
6-Contributor

Thanks for the clarification.

olivierlp
Community Manager
Status changed to: Archived

Hello,

We are archiving your idea as part of a general review. This action is based on the age of your idea and the total number of votes received, as per this announcement.

You can always post a new idea with all the details required in the form.

Thank you for your participation.