cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you get called away in the middle of writing a post? Don't worry you can find your unfinished post later in the Drafts section of your profile page. X

07 - Multibody – How to display, use or call-out a body parameter – Part 1

No ratings

Hello everyone and welcome to blog post #7 in this multibody blog series. This post also attempts to answer another body parameter related question:

How can I display, use or call-out a body parameter?

If you want to call out a body parameter then you have to use the syntax as explained in the Creo help here.

&<param_name>:BID_<body_feature_ID>

Or

&<param_name>:BID_<body_userdefined_name>

Note: For bodies that have the default name (body 1, body 2, etc) you cannot use the system-defined default body name but you have to use the body’s Feature ID. (The reason is that the system-defined names such as body 1, body 2, etc are localized and translated into other languages and therefore not representing stable references across languages.)

Example:

Let’s assume we have 2 bodies. Here their names and parameters list.

To call out the parameter “MY_BODY_INFO” for both bodies, we can now use the following for body 1

• &MY_BODY_INFO:BID_-5778

And one of the following options for the WHEEL body (which has id 6105)

• &MY_BODY_INFO:BID_6105
  • &MY_BODY_INFO:BID_WHEEL

So if you create a note and enter:

You will see the resulting note text being:

I think we have a preference of using body names. Therefore the system automatically tries to convert the body IDs to body names where possible.
So when you go back to the call-out symbol definition, you will see it being changed to

Thanks for reading. I hope it was informative.

Back to Creo 7.0 Multibody Home: Start Here!

Enjoy!....Martin

Version history
Last update:
‎Oct 14, 2020 01:14 PM
Updated by:
Labels (2)