cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Learn all about the Community Ranking System, a fun gamification element of the PTC Community. X

Creo "Resolving Geometry Issues" Tips & Techniques Session Recording (West Coast)

No ratings

Check out this video on Creo "Resolving Geometry Issues" from PTC Application Engineers

Presenters: Mark DeCraene (Solution Consultant) and Ryan Butcher (Solution Consultant, Fellow)

Original Date Presented: July 23, 2024

Comments

Webcast Q + A:

Tom (t.meyers ) Is there a config to turn off auto zoom in trouble shooter?

Answer:  Yes, there is. In dialogue box, under the view command is turn off auto refit.

Webcast Q + A:

Tom ( @t.meyers    Not a question but an observation about geometry checks. We have found that exporting step files is really where this shows up.

Answer:  Yes, I just mentioned that. Geometry Issues can severely impact interoperability.

Webcast Q +A:

Earl @edaley  Does this same check occur with imported geometry?

Answer:  Yes it does. Whether the geometry is created in Creo or imported, the same geom checks can occur.

Webcast Q+ A:

Tom (@t.meyers😞

Is buring the datum in the feature the next level for training? I always try to do that. Really cleans up the model.

Answer:  It does keep the model tidy. I think it is up to user preference

Webcast Q + A:

balaji   

Is model A & B both with no geometry checks?  While trying to add model B to A through merge/inheritence(add body external reference) option fails due to type of reference skeleton setup. But when both A & B saved as step file and on merging the step files to new model C it works and gives a solid model. how to address the reference skeleton issue to directly merge the working part model B to A.

Answer:  Usually this type of errors are based on models A&B being of different accuracy.  Usually this type of errors are based on models A&B being of different accuracy. We would need to see the models to determine that. 

Webcast Q +A:

(Anonymous)

If you make a new feature to replace round 9 with a completely new feature does the geom check still occur? I have found newer versions of Creo are less likely to create that self-intersecting check.

Answer:  New features can sometimes use new algorithms and not have bad geometry.

Version history
Last update:
‎Aug 05, 2024 11:20 AM
Updated by:
Labels (4)
Contributors