cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ensuring the Success of your next Creo Parametric Upgrade: Continuing the Conversation

Kim_G
6-Contributor

Ensuring the Success of your next Creo Parametric Upgrade: Continuing the Conversation

 

14 REPLIES 14
Kim_G
6-Contributor
(To:Kim_G)

Q: I thought version 7.1 of Creo had issues.  PTC said use 7.2.  is that correct?  Your video slide referenced 7.1.

  • Shawn S., General Dynamics Land Systems
JacobAKoch
6-Contributor
(To:Kim_G)


@Kim_G wrote:

Q: I thought version 7.1 of Creo had issues.  PTC said use 7.2.  is that correct?  Your video slide referenced 7.1.

  • Shawn S., General Dynamics Land Systems

The matrix shown in the presentation was for explaining Windchill compatibility and did not have the information regarding the 7.0.2+ releases. After a check of the documentation on our support site, I can confirm that 7.0.2 works with Windchill 12.

Kim_G
6-Contributor
(To:Kim_G)

Q: We were intending to use our SCCM to download CREO 6.  However, with most people working remotely, I am trying to use the self-extracted file to load them locally.  This worked in the past, but now I am getting errors with the Agent.  Do you have a recommendation to bypass SCCM?    

  • Calvin Y., Stryker
JacobAKoch
6-Contributor
(To:Kim_G)


@Kim_G wrote:

Q: We were intending to use our SCCM to download CREO 6.  However, with most people working remotely, I am trying to use the self-extracted file to load them locally.  This worked in the past, but now I am getting errors with the Agent.  Do you have a recommendation to bypass SCCM?    

  • Calvin Y., Stryker

I would recommend submitting a support ticket for this topic. A single answer may not be enough, and troubleshooting may be needed.

Kim_G
6-Contributor
(To:Kim_G)

Q: Where would one find the config.pro options specific to one version over another.  Which are no longer applicable and what are the news ones for that particular version.  Some of the hidden config's have presented issues in the past.  Moving from 5.0.4.0 to 7.0.2.0.      

  • John H., Johnson & Johnson
JacobAKoch
6-Contributor
(To:Kim_G)


@Kim_G wrote:

Q: Where would one find the config.pro options specific to one version over another.  Which are no longer applicable and what are the news ones for that particular version.  Some of the hidden config's have presented issues in the past.  Moving from 5.0.4.0 to 7.0.2.0.      

  • John H., Johnson & Johnson

 

It’s important to note that, starting with Creo 7.0, hidden config options are being set as depreciated.  For details, refer to this article https://www.ptc.com/en/support/article/CS260154h and also https://www.ptc.com/en/support/article/CS100125 which explains why using hidden config options isn’t advisable.

Kim_G
6-Contributor
(To:Kim_G)

Q: Please explain the Creo Performance Advisor role in the Creo Upgrade Project.

  • Vasi C., KOMATSU AMERICA CORP.
JacobAKoch
6-Contributor
(To:Kim_G)


@Kim_G wrote:

Q: Please explain the Creo Performance Advisor role in the Creo Upgrade Project.

  • Vasi C., KOMATSU AMERICA CORP.

Performance Advisor can play a huge role in your next upgrade. Specifically, it can help you in the testing/validation portion of the upgrade. The tool gives you an overview of the usage in your Creo environment. In addition, the tool provides you with recommendations of things you can do to enhance your Creo environment.

Kim_G
6-Contributor
(To:Kim_G)

Q: If we update to Creo 7, when will Creo 8, 9 etc. be applied?

  • Thomas L. DRS
JacobAKoch
6-Contributor
(To:Kim_G)


@Kim_G wrote:

Q: If we update to Creo 7, when will Creo 8, 9 etc. be applied?

  • Thomas L. DRS

The release calendar for Creo can be found here: https://support.ptc.com/cs/product_calendar/PTC_Product_Calendar.htm .

Kim_G
6-Contributor
(To:Kim_G)

Q: How many companies actually use Performance Advisor?

  • Joshua H., Schneider Electric
JacobAKoch
6-Contributor
(To:Kim_G)


@Kim_G wrote:

Q: How many companies actually use Performance Advisor?

  • Joshua H., Schneider Electric

We do see pretty good usage related to Performance Advisor. With regards to your request, I will bring up to topic of User ID when it comes to internal users. I cannot speak to specifics around why it hasn’t been included to date, however I do know that some regions and customers are not legally permitted to display this information, and that may have been part of the logic.

Kim_G
6-Contributor
(To:Kim_G)

Q: We are upgrading from Creo 2.0 to Creo 6.0. Creo 2.0 is not supported and not on the PTC list. What problems we can expect?        

  • Bogdana D., INNIO Group
JacobAKoch
6-Contributor
(To:Kim_G)


@Kim_G wrote:

Q: We are upgrading from Creo 2.0 to Creo 6.0. Creo 2.0 is not supported and not on the PTC list. What problems we can expect?        

  • Bogdana D., INNIO Group

This is a new tool which helps customers plan an upgrade of a PTC product, while considering other PTC products in use, and key variables in their environment such as Database and Operating Systems.

 

Creo 7.0- https://www.ptc.com/en/support/article/CS323869

 

 

 

Announcements