cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can change your system assigned username to something more personal in your community settings. X

Link to Download Sneak Peek

No ratings

Hi everyone

Use this link to download Creo 4.0 Sneak Peek

And dont forget the license is embedded and will expire on August 5 2016

Enjoy!!!!

https://free-dl.ptc.com/spinstall/pim_installmgr_32.exe

Comments

With every release of Creo I hope the thicken and shell feature will catch up with rest of the pack. Even Inventor can still do better than this:

When offsetting surfaces that self-intersect, the feature just fails rather than displaying a warning and absorbing the intersecting surface. Catia has been able to do this for years. It might be usually a good idea to have equal wall thicknesses for many manufacturing processes, but surely that is up to the user. - Perhaps I going to 3D print it, or remove the problematic surface later. Or I might just want to get on with my design without the CAD software failing.

I hooped the option to "Prevent shell penetrating solid" might help here, but it doesn't seem to.

160708161800_1.jpg

Why can't I make this surface thicker without the feature failing? Creo should just absorb any self-intersecting surfaces.

I've just tried to measure a length and the measurement result still appears behind the dialogue box as shown below.

160708162709_3.jpg

I am glad others find the location of the measure information to be a pain as it hides as shown here.

I also find when I do a measure, if that part is open in another window I get all of them to pop up in that window as well.

Here, the window on the right is my active window that I am taking measurements in it, and the window on the left is the assembly this part is used in.

measure in multiple windows.JPG

Sorry this is in Creo 3, have not tried this in Creo 4 SP yet.

Well, I'm sorry to say it's looking no better in Creo 4.

Thanks for posting both issues. QA will be checking this.

After a few tries it finally installed, but there is no Parametric.exe file or Simulate.exe file anywhere, just .bat & .psf files?

Do I need to uninstall and try again?

Uninstall and re-install worked.

Boy do I HATE the change in drawings from Creo 2.0, having to hold cntrl to create dimensions is a pain, plus the value always hovers over where I want to pick.  Query also doens't work as well, constantly picking points instead of lines, at least from what I can see, the highlighting isn't very good.

Hi,

We have installed creo 4.0 sneak peak and trying to open and export 3D annotated parts in the JT form.

But it is getting JT client initialization error so i think jt license is enabled but jt libraryis not present in the installation.

Please confirm.

ExportToJT.JPG

Bonjour

Je n'arrive pas a executer "pim_installmgr_32.exe" J'ai un message d'erreur identique à Olivier SOUDY

Hi, firewall and antivirus settings could be the reason. Something is stopping to connect to PTC server.

D'accord comment passer cette barrière.

Est il possible de télécharger directement à partir du site PTC comme pour la mise à jour du logiciel .

Hi you should not update existing software as the license will expire on August 5th,  Sneak Peek should be a separate install.  There is no direct link to download the cd image, thanks Jim

Hi, JT is not included in the license. thanks, Jim

My install went seamlessly.  Can't wait to dig into some of the new functionality.

J’ai pu installer dernièrement la version de démonstration de CREO 4. Je n’aurais pas le temps de tout voir avant l’expiration de la licence. D’une manière générale un accent a été mis sur la personnalisation des menus (un peu difficile à saisir sans formation). Je n’arrive pas, sur mon compte PTC, à revenir mes propositions d’amélioration des menus d’esquisse que j’avais faite il y as plusieurs années ( mais vous pouvez certainement les retrouvés). Il existe toujours le problème de retrouver les menus personnaliser, lorsque quand mode assemblage on active une pièce et que l’on souhaite redéfinir une fonction. Menus de droite manque la possibilité d’inclure l’icône «vue par défaut ». Pour la cotation il n’y as toujours pas d’accès direct dans votre ruban aux paramètres réglant la cotation (dimension des flèches, retrait etc…). Pour certains icônes (propre à PTC) du ruban personnalisé il est impossible de changer l’affichage. 

Is there any plan to extend the date of expiry?

S’il est encore temps pour apporter des améliorations à CREO 4.

Chaque fois que l’on esquisse une section il est difficile de sélectionner rapidement les plans d’orientation sans remonter dans l’arbre model.

Pourquoi ne pas avoir dans la fenêtre d’orientation de l’esquisse la liste des plans disponibles et pouvoir les s sélectionnés directement.

Is it possible to get an extended license pack? I now have some free time and would like to tinker around with Creo 4.0.

Version history
Last update:
‎Jun 08, 2016 01:57 PM
Updated by:
Tags (1)