cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Visit the PTCooler (the community lounge) to get to know your fellow community members and check out some of Dale's Friday Humor posts! X

Multibody – How do I >position< bodies?

No ratings

Hello all and welcome to another blog post in this multibody blog series.

Todays topic: How to “position” a body.

You might wonder why I put the word position into quotes. The reason for this is that when we talk about positioning, many of us start thinking of positioning component-like objects.  The fact that components have their system of reference (e.g. coordinate system including the origin) makes it natural to understand that positioning transforms that coordinate system from one location and orientation into another. Geometric bodies do represent a volume of geometry referring to the part’s reference system, therefore the positioning of geometric bodies should probably be better called “Moving” geometry. Anyway, after this introductory thought, I hope you enjoy the video illustrating how this is done in Creo. (and you won’t be surprised: we are going to use the “Move”-Feature for this workflow 😊)

Thanks for reading.  I hope it was informative.
If you liked it, give it a Kudo.

Back to Creo 7.0 & 8.0+ Multibody Home: Start Here!

Enjoy!....Martin

Comments
mwa

Martin,

Nice demo. Please also enhance the flexible move tool by:

• adding dimensions when using Move by Dragger and of course being able to modify these dimensions. Currently it is always needed to pick a reference to get a dimension. 
  • Adding the Dragger in Move by Dimension option 
  • Adding the option to move a body  'up to surface, to next etc.', similar to the extrude tool.

mwa

When bullets 1 and bullets 2 are implemented both Move options can be integrated into 1. Depending on if the user is picking a reference or not,  the dimension is from that picked reference and if the user is not picking a reference then the dimension is relative to the current position 

Version history
Last update:
‎Oct 12, 2021 06:14 AM
Updated by:
Labels (2)