cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Have a PTC product question you need answered fast? Chances are someone has asked it before. Learn about the community search. X

PTC Creo Community Spotlight: Stephen Williams

100% helpful (1/1)

Well-known community member, Stephen, tells us he has two interests: Creo - and saltwater fishing with his wife in the bays along the Texas coast for red drum, black drum, flounder, and sea trout. Below, a good day with a 30-pound black drum he released.

Stephen is Texas born and raised, spending most childhood summers on his grandfather’s hard-working farm.  He’s been involved in Pro/Engineer-Creo community since the mid to late 90’s, well before PTC had an integrated community.

He says:  “I enjoy helping other users learn how to use Creo but mostly I like learning things about the software I didn’t know. There is likely not a week that goes by that I don’t learn something on the Community that I can put to use.  I absolutely know that without the community, I wouldn’t be as good of a Creo user.”  We couldn’t have said it better ourselves!

Right now, Stephen makes parts/assemblies and drawings although he said that he used to do a lot with Creo’s routed systems and sheet metal capabilities. He and his team directly support manufacturing and customer integration for everything his employer builds. He kindly shared with us a photo of a project on which he works. 

Here’s how he describes the photo below:  "The yellow part is a Subsea Blowout Preventor that is shipping out from our manufacturing facility here in Houston. This is ½ of the product we manufacture here in Houston. This part is about 750,000 pounds of steel. The other ½ is another 500,000 pounds and is not pictured. It ships separately but are used together for offshore drilling as passive safety devices.   It took 3 days for this trailer to get from our manufacturing facility to our port facility near Baytown TX (about 50 miles)."

Thanks to Stephen for his contributions to the Community.  Better together is what it's about. 

Version history
Last update:
‎Feb 16, 2022 12:57 PM
Updated by:
Labels (2)