cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Learn all about PTC Community Badges. Engage with PTC and see how many you can earn! X

Simulation live gives results as zero

SoretteMichel
12-Amethyst

Simulation live gives results as zero

Hi everyone and happy new year, 

I've started the Simulation Live trial program and while following the introduction course, i'm running into a strange issue : results stays at zero for any restriction/load i might try.

In the information message area, i'm getting this message : The material library is not available in the current working directory or the application data folder.

I've commented my usual pro_material_dir option to make sure i'm using OOTB material library. I've also tried to copy the library or the applied material file in the working directory without success.

Thanks for any help on that topic.

26 REPLIES 26

Hi Michel,

This issue will likely appear if Creo cannot find the Material folder used by the Ansys Solver.

Can you please check if you see the MaterialLibrary folder under the following location?

C:\Users\<USERNAME>\AppData\Roaming\PTC\Creo

When you assign a material to a model and run the analysis, it will be syc'd in this folder.   You would just use your regular materials as you would normally do.  If that folder does exist, delete it and then start Creo again and give it a try.  This will recreate the MaterialFolder automatically.

This is not likely to do with your graphics card.  If it was an issue, you would not have been able to start the analysis.

If that is still an issue, let me know and we can jump on a teleconference to sort it out.

BTW....are you using the build from ptc.com or from this group?  I updated the build in the group to the production version of Creo 5.0.3.0 which contains the early access version of Creo Simulation Live.

Thanks

Mark

rgrant
5-Regular Member
(To:mfischer)

I am just running through the tutorial and seeing the same message "The material library is not available in the current working directory" in the log file. I can see no sign of any Material Library folder in the AppData folder being created. Have you any suggestions.

Regards

rgrant
5-Regular Member
(To:rgrant)

Solved the problem, it was missing the MaterialLibrary folder from the working directory, it needs this to write material info.

ToddKraft
15-Moonstone
(To:rgrant)

rgrant,

Good to hear that you were able to get this solved by creating the Materialfolder.  We are aware of this.  There is a technical support article written to assist customers:

https://www.ptc.com/en/support/article?n=CS305968&source=Case%20Viewer 

Thank you,

Todd

Why I can't access this link?

Hi jdeoliveiragod,

I'm not sure, it appears to be a valid link for me.  Can you try to login to www.ptc.com first?

Here is another link that is valid > https://www.ptc.com/en/support/article/CS305968 

Let me know if that works,

Thanks,

Todd

CAD Product Manager

CAN IT BE IN CONFLICT WITH ANSYS WORKBENCH INSTALLED ON MY MACHINE?

Hi Mark,

I am also meeting this kind of issue, there is no any error reminding. Actual this model was built according to the creo help center, but the result is "0". I also tried several ways you mentioned, but it still didn't work. Wish you help me to fix this, great thanks.

Best regards,

Michael

Screen shot.

L3mming
4-Participant
(To:SoretteMichel)

Hello,

I am getting a very similar behaviour. Except, I don´t get any messages in the information message area at all. It just evaluates everything to zery. It doesn´t matter whether I take the introduction course part or one of our company parts. Changing the material didn´t help, deleting the materials library folder didn´t help either. Is there already a solution known for this issue? Graphics driver was updated for Simulation Live, it didn´t recognize it before.

It would be great if someone could help me.

ToddKraft
15-Moonstone
(To:L3mming)

L3mming,

A couple thoughts.  Are you putting a fixed support someplace?  If you don't have a fixed support, then the behavior you are seeing would be zero results. 

Can you start a session of Creo with no configuration files?  So rename all your config.pro, config.sup, customization.ui files and restart Creo.  This would help rule out some unknown behavior that a config setting is causing.

Hope one of these suggestions gets you results,

Todd Kraft

L3mming
4-Participant
(To:ToddKraft)

Hi ToddKraft,

thank you for your suggestions and such a quick reply to my question. As for the fixed support, I use the very same boundary conditions as I do for our production parts using standard Creo Simulate 2.0, so this is very unlikely to be the reason. In the test parts of the Simulation Live tutorial I use the suggested boundary conditions. Regarding your other tips, I use a clean, new installation of Creo 5.0.4 with evaluation licenses. Creo shouldn´t use any customized configuration files, as it is not started through our company launcher and thus should use the default files. Nevertheless, I tried it and unfortunately didn´t have any luck. Any other suggestions?

ToddKraft
15-Moonstone

Hi L3mming,

The next step should be for us to get together on a Webex to see what is happening and then I can troubleshoot further.  Can you email me at tkraft@ptc.com and we can setup a time?

Thanks,
Todd Kraft

Duplo
4-Participant

Hey everyone,

same problem here. Is there a solution yet?

Thanks

L3mming
4-Participant
(To:Duplo)

Not yet, at least not for me. I talked to Todd and we couldn´t find the reason for this issue, so we agreed that I´ll try it out on a PC of a colleague of mine. My colleague has administrator privileges while I don´t. We´ll see whether this solves the isse.

One strage fact is, that I can run thermal analyses without a problem, but modal and structural analyses evaluate to zero. Can you try a thermal analysis on your machine? Just to see whether it is the same problem or a different one.

Greetings,

L3mming

Duplo
4-Participant

I just tried thermal analysis and it works!

Structural and modal don't.

I got local admin rights on my machine.

I will do some more testing.

L3mming
4-Participant

Okay, so at least we seem to have the same problem, which is good for finding a solution. I hope Todd will see this and get in touch with you. I´m curious, are you also working on a notebook and had to install the latest Nvidia drivers for Simulation Live to start up?

Duplo
4-Participant

Yes, I' m also working on a notebook.

Running a NVIDIA Quadro M1000M

Driver's date: 05.05.2019

Version: 26.21.14.3064 

L3mming
4-Participant

Im using the exact same Driver, Nvidia 430.64 (26.21.14.3064).

But I´m running a Quadro M2000M. Can you try downloading and installing the previous release of the Nvidia Drivers? Unfortunately I cannot try this myself because of permissions.

Hello everyone, 

This is how i solved it myself : i've redefined all my environment variables related to caches management as in the attached picture.

It appeared that the system was supposed to write and read data in some place and having those variables not defined properly created some issues.

Not sure it will solve it for you but it worked well for me.

Regards, 

Duplo
4-Participant

Thank you. But for me sadly it doesn't work.

Tomorrow I' will try another driver even though I don't think thats the issue.

L3mming
4-Participant

Unfortunately it didn´t work for me too.

I also cannot think of why the graphics card should be the problem, but who knows...

Duplo
4-Participant

I did a clean installation of creo, did no changes beside the .psf for the licence.

I also installed R430 U3 (430.86) (26.21.14.3086).

Still the same problem.

Don't know what else I could do. Smiley Frustrated

L3mming
4-Participant

I´m sorry for that. But I´m also puzzled by that problem, just as the people at PTC. When I installed it I also had a clean Installation, nothing changed except the .psf for the license. At first it didn´t start at all until I got the lastest driver. With that new driver it started the plugin, but it only works in thermal mode.

What I meant is maybe an older driver works. Something like release 410 or 418.

L3mming
4-Participant

I finally solved the problem. The reason was the Nvidia graphics driver. Going back to release 418 solved it, so now it´s working. I hope this will help you too and brings you good results. Mine are within 17% deviation at maximum accuracy settings.

Duplo
4-Participant

YOU, are my personal Hero!

I switched back to the last QNF-Driver which is R415 U2 (416.78) and it works for me too.

Problem solved!

Top Tags