Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Simulation live gives results as zero

Simulation live gives results as zero

Hi everyone and happy new year, 

I've started the Simulation Live trial program and while following the introduction course, i'm running into a strange issue : results stays at zero for any restriction/load i might try.

In the information message area, i'm getting this message : The material library is not available in the current working directory or the application data folder.

I've commented my usual pro_material_dir option to make sure i'm using OOTB material library. I've also tried to copy the library or the applied material file in the working directory without success.

Thanks for any help on that topic.

1 REPLY 1

Re: Simulation live gives results as zero

Hi Michel,

This issue will likely appear if Creo cannot find the Material folder used by the Ansys Solver.

Can you please check if you see the MaterialLibrary folder under the following location?

C:\Users\<USERNAME>\AppData\Roaming\PTC\Creo

When you assign a material to a model and run the analysis, it will be syc'd in this folder.   You would just use your regular materials as you would normally do.  If that folder does exist, delete it and then start Creo again and give it a try.  This will recreate the MaterialFolder automatically.

This is not likely to do with your graphics card.  If it was an issue, you would not have been able to start the analysis.

If that is still an issue, let me know and we can jump on a teleconference to sort it out.

BTW....are you using the build from ptc.com or from this group?  I updated the build in the group to the production version of Creo 5.0.3.0 which contains the early access version of Creo Simulation Live.

Thanks

Mark