Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mini tripod Mk4

Highlighted

Mini tripod Mk4

Mk4 of the mini tripod with the modifications listed below.

Tripod_mini_Mk4.png

• Acme thread profile replaced with a V profile to reduce sag
  • Thread clearance has been increased to remove interference in the physical parts.
  • The ridges on the leg have been increased in size. The trade-off is 30% fewer leg positions.
  • The ridges under the cap have been increased in size to match those on the legs and curved so they match the radial pattern around the end of the leg. This has more than doubled the contact area and should support heavier cameras.
  • The bolt head was undersize and has been increased to match standard the head of a standard 1/4" BSW/UNC bolt.

If this works when 3D printed I will add it to the Schools forum.

1 REPLY 1
Visitor

Re: Mini tripod Mk4

I have an Ultimaker 2 3D printer on loan for a couple of weeks and decided to build on the modifications suggested by Dave White and simplify the parts to avoid support structures altogether and the end result is excellent. Build time was around 8 hours and the thread fitted together really well without any fettling, just a rub with a candle.  The legs should be attached using roll-pins, the screws are temporary and I have yet to epoxy a 1/4" UNC bolt into the cap and glue a rubber washer on the top. 

I am very impressed with the Ultimaker 2 3D printer and Cura slicing software.  They are both very easy to set up and get printing. In two weeks of almost continuous printing the only problem has been a blocked nozzle. This was easily sorted using the clear online guides and a quick call to their tech support. An excellent product and support. IMG_9028 (Copy).JPGIMG_9033 (Copy).JPGIMG_9035 (Copy).JPG