Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Allow creation of manual callouts for assemblies in Creo Illustrate

Allow creation of manual callouts for assemblies in Creo Illustrate

When manually creating item callouts/item lists in Creo Illustrate, you can only select a part as the reference for the callout.  If you want to have a callout for an assembly and it's parts, you can only use the automatic tool, but this will only let you do it for a single selected assembly or the entire structure.  Quite often you have a top level assembly with a number of sub-assemblies and you want to give a number to the sub-assembly and the parts within that sub-assembly and have them appear in the parts list.

4 Comments
rpeyrard
10-Marble

Here is an example
1,2,3,4 for the parts
But for the assembly I have to create/write it manually...
PTC solution consist to combine children in the structure, but I need to see components independently
The assembly is not recognized as an entity, and Illustrate can't put balloons if there are no  geometry...
So the idea would be to find a way to recognize the assembly.
Similar problem for explode lines...

"Hood" assembly name"Hood" assembly name

Ronan
13-Aquamarine

good illustration @rpeyrard .

it could be nice to be able to automatically apply part and assembly balloons with an assembly balloon available in any sub component.

R.

TW_10140846
5-Regular Member

I'm suffering so much because of that!!!!!
I have a similar problem. I need to callout all subassemblies but in the table I need top level assembly witouht a callout. This is just impossible to do because automatic callouts make callouts also for top assemblies and manual callouts do not include top level assemlies.
In Creo Parametric it was so simple, you have, when you are editing the table during creating a drawing, something what's called "Dash item" and this resolve everything.
You just clicked on top level assembly, on his number in the table, then callout was gone and numbering was rearrange and all was fine.
This one functionalty make live so easier. Now its just nightmare.

olivierlp
Community Manager
Status changed to: Archived

Hello,

We are archiving your idea as part of a general review. This action is based on the age of your idea and the total number of votes received, as per this announcement.

You can always post a new idea with all the details required in the form.

Thank you for your participation.