cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Creo View capability to open native Creo Elements/Direct files like *.mi / *.bi (2D) or *.pkg (3D)

Creo View capability to open native Creo Elements/Direct files like *.mi / *.bi (2D) or *.pkg (3D)

From time to time I am asked if it is possible to open native Creo Elements/Direct files either from 2D (formats like *.mi or *.bi either from Drafting or Annotation) or from 3D (file formats *. pkg, *.bdl *.sda *.sdac *.sdpc or sdp) as it is possible with the native Creo files 2D & 3D without using any adapter, so in the stand alone Creo View tool.  At the moment it is not possible.

What about your opinion? I would see a real value for this.

Any comments or votes are welcome.

6 Comments
LWAHL1
3-Visitor

This is a functionality which is a must. It should be possible to open native Creo-Direct Files out of Windchill for all follow up processes.

jschmidt
3-Visitor

We fully agree with this request.

Otherwise we have to work with several viewer tools. This is additional effort for the admins and the users.

ptc-2166281
3-Visitor

We need this for the TDK-branch from Liebherr very urgent. Please make this extensions. Thank you.

akarev
4-Participant

In my opinion, this feature is a must for a PTC software. The CoCreate software is treated very neglected, as if it does not belong to the PTC house.

With the request for implementation.

khk
3-Visitor
3-Visitor

It should be a basic interest from ptc to enrich their viewing software with the capability to view their own data-formats. Our users permantely ask for the feature to view mi-files with the ptc viewing software.

mseemann
6-Contributor

To open native Creo Elements/Direct files like *.mi / *.bi (2D) or *.pkg (3D) should be added to Import Filters within Creo View!