1. Describe your environment: What is your industry? What is your role in your organization? Describe your stakeholders. Construction, Energy & Transportation and Heavy machinery Equipment. I am responsible for Creo schematics enhancement and testing within the enterprise for the Electrical designers
2. What product and version are you currently running? Creo Schematics 3.0 M020. I also tested CS 7.0 and do not see the option
3. Describe the problem you are trying to solve. Please include detailed documentation such as screenshots, images or video.
When we verify our design using the CID-WID, we can see the details about “Missing Component Shapes” under the CID/WID à Components tab. But, we could not save (copy/paste) or export the report in the form of .CSV format. Currently, we taking screen shots in multiple sheets and reviewing the reports. The export report or save option would really help us to verify design and provide markups/comments to down the line user for updates.
We are requesting to add those export report or save option across all three tabs Components, Connectivity, Parameters as per attachment. Please refer below Case ID #16513832.
4. What is the use case for your organization? We use CID/WID functionality to create subsystem diagrams and convert that into Wiring diagram before we design/flatten the harness assembly. Different users works on CID/WID, WID and Harness assembly files. When the file transferred from Schematic designer to detailer/harness designer, some CID/WID missing relationship can be corrected by the next users in order to verify the design. Currently, we can view the CID/WID relationship missing info on the tab, whereas we can not export the report or save the report as .CSV format. Taking screen shots and referring multiple sheet design is time consuming process and there is a chances of making manual errors. So, the report/save option can be tracked and update the status before move the file to next steps.
5. What business value would your suggestion represent for your organization? This report option makes the improved quality of the CID/WID functions and the verification of our design can be validated offline. This can save the manual interventions and help capturing the errors in the early phase of designs (Schematic design) before the harness assembly design.