cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - When posting, your subject should be specific and summarize your question. Here are some additional tips on asking a great question. X

ILLUSTRATE BOM Table

ILLUSTRATE BOM Table

Hello,

Would be nice to be able to add tables and especially BOM tables into an ILLUSTRATE "figure".

Regards,

5 Comments
ealtunişik
3-Visitor

In other software like 3D Via Composer they can add BOM list into their illustration and publish as an PDF document. Also, if we can export BOM list then we can use in Arbortext Editor to create Service Catalogs.

rheinz
11-Garnet

Dear community colleagues, Dear PTC.

Would like to emphasize same need as described at the two previous feedbacks.

The simple display of the item list is nice, but if not consumable in a figure somehow just nice to have, rather than useful to be used.

And as said before, other software are capable to consume the BOM - especially if you dealing with assembly instructions you might get all information's on one page / Figure.

To get more voters on this I will distribute the link to all my company internal customers.

THX

R.

Innoptus_Ferry
11-Garnet

Hi, 

if you publish your figure with BOM baloons as PDF Template, you have your figure with the item list printed as one PDF! 

Ferry 

gcambiaghi
13-Aquamarine

I fully agree , it is something that many customers ask us, pdf publishing with template is very limited in the amount of components.

BVukich
2-Guest

To me this is a major oversight of basic functionality.  I do not understand what the point is of pulling in all the native meta data into Illustrate BOM if you cannot then publish that data.  Nearly all of our technical illustration use cases would benefit from this functionality.

Though my company is trying very hard to stay within the PTC eco system, this limitation alone is enough for me to recommend we cancel all our Creo Illustrate licenses and move to a different software package.