cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Improve Creo View Interface - Provide Warning Before Deleting Annotations or Removing Items from Group

Improve Creo View Interface - Provide Warning Before Deleting Annotations or Removing Items from Group

The attached image shows two areas of the interface that don't provide the user with warnings when selected.  This idea would provide a safety net for users with a message stating what is being removed prior to the loss of data and work.

Why?  See below examples:

1)For annotation sets - I intended to delete one image but the software deleted 10 annotation sets.  This may have been due to a bug in the software or more than likely, I had all the annotations highlighted and didn't notice when I hit delete button. But either way, there was no warning that all 10 were going to be deleted.

2) The remove from group selection is located conveniently between two very common functions: "Select All" followed up by "Select in Product Structure".  The selection for remove from group has been accidentally hit multiple times and it is very frustrating that there is no warning.  I'd really like for the menu to be rearranged where this option is further down away from "select all" and "select in product structure".  For those that use groups, you will find this workflow very handy.  I find myself constanty wanting to select the parts in the structure tree to apply actions against them. Do this 50 times...the odds are you will hit "remove from group" at least once!

Capture.JPG

2 Comments
BillRyan
14-Alexandrite

No warning in Creo View 3.1 F000

PTCModerator
Emeritus
Status changed to: Archived