1. Describe your environment: What is your industry? Automotive What is your role in your organization? Business Analyst Describe your stakeholders.
Product Owners = what we produce on the shop floor
Manufacturing Owners = responsible for our production and how we produce on the shop floor
2. What product and version are you currently running? Creo View 18.104.22.168
3. Describe the problem you are trying to solve. Please include detailed documentation such as screenshots, images or video. Please see article https://www.ptc.com/en/support/article/cs362722 that state this bug in Creo View never will be solved.
If multiple users works towards the very same Process Plan and open dynamic structure to Creo View, and in Creo View the independent create annotation folders with the very same name. In Windchill user interface it will only be shown as one annotation folder, but in Creo View user interface it will shown as multiple annotation folders with the very same name.
4. What is the use case for your organization? To be able to use Windchill as a PLM-solution, today we doing the work in Excel and legacy solutions because of this GAP in Windchill. It is always a quality risk when the PLM-solution is showing wrong data for users.
5. What business value would your suggestion represent for your organization? Remove local isolated Excel files and legacy solution and move into a modern PLM-solution that will help us to shorten project lead time, secure quality in product design and manufacturing preparation. If not Windchill will solve this we need to select another PLM-solution.