cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Help us improve the PTC Community by taking this short Community Survey! X

2 letter mapkey not work when first leter is same

Mirui
6-Contributor

2 letter mapkey not work when first leter is same

Hi,

i record some mapkey for measurement tool.

mapkey m @MAPKEY_LABELMeasure summary;~ Command `ProCmdNmdTool` 1;
mapkey ml @MAPKEY_LABELmeasure length;~ Command `ProCmdNaMeasureLength`;
mapkey md @MAPKEY_LABELmeasure distance;~ Command `ProCmdNaMeasureDistance`;
mapkey mc @MAPKEY_LABELmeasure cycle;~ Command `ProCmdNaMeasureDiameter`;
mapkey ma @MAPKEY_LABELmeasure area;~ Command `ProCmdNaMeasureArea`;
mapkey mv @MAPKEY_LABELmeasure volume;~ Command `ProCmdNaMeasureVolume`;

m works fine, it can acticated anytime.

But when i use ml, or md, the comand always goes to m.

Looks like two letters doesn't work.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
BenLoosli
23-Emerald II
(To:Mirui)

Two letter mapkeys work fine.

Your problem is that when you press the M it triggers the single letter 'm' mapkey every time.

Rename your mapkeys!

This is not a new problem, it has always been there.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
BenLoosli
23-Emerald II

Two letter mapkeys work fine.

Your problem is that when you press the M it triggers the single letter 'm' mapkey every time.

Rename your mapkeys!

This is not a new problem, it has always been there.

Hi, 

The issue here is that you have a mapkey "m". One letter mapkeys are normally frowned upon because they are prone to breaking other mapkeys. In your case, any mapkey that starts with the letter m will be broken by your single character mapkey. The m mapkey will always run before you type the second character. 

We try to make all of our mapkey sequences at least 3 characters for this reason. 

Ty

Dale_Rosema
23-Emerald III

Today you also have to be aware of the "special" keys that Creo puts into the software like "S" for sketch. Therefor any mapkeys starting with "S" are subject to fail.

See this discussion:

https://community.ptc.com/t5/System-Administration/Mapkey-Shortcut-Key-conflicts/m-p/568901

Hope this helps.

Or just turn off all the keyboard shortcuts lol...

I really don't like the customization.ui file concept. I like to be able to edit things just like we can edit config.pro files. It's impossible to tell what is being saved into the customization file. It's also too easy to mess up. 

Dale_Rosema
23-Emerald III
(To:Tdaugherty)

I am not really customizing, but trying to avoid the conflicts that Creo puts in as "Standard".

TomU
23-Emerald IV
(To:Tdaugherty)

I really don't like the customization.ui file concept. I like to be able to edit things just like we can edit config.pro files. It's impossible to tell what is being saved into the customization file. It's also too easy to mess up. 

You might want to re-post that comment here:

https://community.ptc.com/t5/PTC-University-Training/Creo-Update-Tip/m-p/687880#M1568 

Top Tags