cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can change your system assigned username to something more personal in your community settings. X

Adding "Square" (²) Symbol in creo parametric 2.0 drawing notes

MS_16
4-Participant

Adding "Square" (²) Symbol in creo parametric 2.0 drawing notes

Hi All,

I'm facing an issue while creating drawing notes in creo parametric 2.0  from model server as explained below.

When I enter the note in drawing having character x², model server is some how converting the square symbol to x² .

Did anyone one face same issue & got the solution ?

I appreciate your time 🙂

Thanks 

6 REPLIES 6
BenLoosli
23-Emerald II
(To:MS_16)

Could be font related.

Are you using the superscript on/off option in your text string for the '2'?

MS_16
4-Participant
(To:BenLoosli)

Hi Ben,

Could you please explain me lil bit about, how do I use superscript on/off option ?

Thanks of your reply.

BenLoosli
23-Emerald II
(To:MS_16)

MS_16
4-Participant
(To:BenLoosli)

Hi Ben, Thank you so much for your help.

I'll try these steps.

Hope it works 🙂

Thanks again 

I know it's kind of easy to use the superscript stuff, I've used it before, too. But I really dislike the line spacing effect it causes, where the white space above/below the line is expanded to accommodate the text. I've found that it works better for me to pop open a Word file, insert the symbol I want, like ² or ³, and they copy/paste the character into my text in Creo. Something I found out via a "I wonder if this will work" type of "experiment". It will look weird if the text editor is invoked to modify a note or whatever, but as long as it looks okay in my notes or table entries, I'm fine with that.

Ian_Cure
12-Amethyst
(To:KenFarley)

I've an old 2005 document about using "Windows special symbol composition keys" hold the ALT key down and enter the numeric code .. for 2 superscript you type 0178 whilst hold down the ALT stops the line spacing issue!
Ian C
Top Tags