cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Want the oppurtunity to discuss enhancements to PTC products? Join a working group! X

Area of inner contour (PRO_CONTOUR_TRAV_INTERNAL)

MaciejGrodzki
8-Gravel

Area of inner contour (PRO_CONTOUR_TRAV_INTERNAL)

Hello,

How to fine the area of inner (PRO_CONTOUR_TRAV_INTERNAL) contour of surface? This inner contour has been created by cut feature.

4 REPLIES 4
FV
17-Peridot
17-Peridot
(To:MaciejGrodzki)

A possible workaround is to convert a surface to a NURB one with ProSurfaceToNURB(...) , apply the inner contour in question from the original surface with ProSurfaceContourArraySet(...) to the new NURB surface while changing contour traversal flag to external.

HIH.

Hello,

Thank you for you answer, I'm still working on it, and but because I'm beginer I have a lot of issues with implemetation. Could you provide more information about your idea?

Thanks in advance.

RPN
17-Peridot
17-Peridot

I see 2 other options, #1 tessellate the contour and calculate the area, or #2 suppress the cut feature, measure, resume, and do a diff of both areas. The last option is handy if you don‘t need to resume a lot of features, and you don‘t want to calc the area by your own algorithm.

FV
17-Peridot
17-Peridot

take a  look at  protoolkit\protk_appls\pt_examples\pt_analysis\TestAnalysisSurface.c

FV_0-1607040805043.png

Top Tags