cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Visit the PTCooler (the community lounge) to get to know your fellow community members and check out some of Dale's Friday Humor posts! X

Best place for Toolkit Type Questions in this forum?

msteffke
13-Aquamarine

Best place for Toolkit Type Questions in this forum?

Hi All,

I'm a long time user of the old PTCUser Exploder and have been a little slow in becoming active in the new Communtiy forum.  Also my job had become a lot less technical the last couple years.  Either way,  I'm back.    As I'm looking around I see this Customization group, and the Automation group both contain toolkit/programming questions, and then under PTC Creo there is a Pro/Toolkit category as well.   All three seem to contain TK threads.   Is there a"best" place for the toolkit questions?

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
2 REPLIES 2

THis is the official replacement for the customization exploder.

gkoch
1-Newbie
(To:msteffke)

Due to the merger, it seems we have some duplicate or overlapping subcommunities.

Under the original PTC Community structure, the Pro/Toolkit category probably was the right address, but I'd prefer a subcommunity as the types of questions are quite different and the members participating probably too.

But for the (intended) difference between Automation and Customization, I am clueless. In fact I had asked community management about the purpose of the Automation subcommunity or whether it should be better merged with Customization and noone could give me an answer. So it was decided to run it as is and observe whether it will be used at all. In the beginning it looked like nobody used it, but recently the posts have increased there.

Top Tags