cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Help us improve the PTC Community by taking this short Community Survey! X

CREO 1.1 Parametric Performance

ptc-4482052
1-Newbie

CREO 1.1 Parametric Performance

Hello PTC,

Recently I was asked to do a demonstration with CREO 1.0 for our upper management. I have been using CREO for about 6 months without performance issues, but now the program has become almost non-usable. The only change was to re-connect to a different network plug.

At this point, the blue (not responding) circle and the 'Running out of memory" warning are the only thing I see all day, and that's usually right before the program crashes and shuts off.

My question is:

Could there be some configuration setting that has automatically changed to cause this problem? The program worked fine before moving, so I am assuming that would rule out any memory quantity issues and I've also moved all related files and their pointers to the local drive to rule out the network. Unfortunitally this has made no change in performance.

Any ideas or help would be apprieciated!

Thanks,

Ted Fulton

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
6 REPLIES 6

Ted,

if you are installing Creo to PC locally, you have to enter path to license server. If you move PC to different location then you have to ensure that license server is accessible.

Note: Your description is little bit misty, please tell us more technical details.

Martin Hanak

Martin Hanák

Martin,

I am currently using a floating server license of CREO Parametric 1.0 which seems to have the licence located on the server while the program files are installed on the local PC. (Program was installed by IT dept.) This was to allow individual users to work with the program on different computers. The license only permits the program to be accessed by one user at any given time.

We checked the license pointers and the program seems to be seeing the server. The program opens but works very slowly if at all. The rotating blue circle and 'not responding' shows up at about every third click, then the program crashes.

As suggested by others, we installed new licence packs but still there is no change. I have noticed that the issue seems to happen when on the 'annotate tab' while working on drawings. Modeling works fine as well as the other tabs on the dawings, but as soon as I use the annotate tab, everything stops.

Thanks, Ted Fulton

Ted,

1.] maybe your graphic card is not suitable for Creo

e.g. graphic card integrated in motherboard is not suitable for Creo

2.] maybe graphic card drivers are not suitable for Creo

you can set config.pro option graphics win32_gdi to find out, if OPENGL is causing the problem

you can try to find more suitable version of drivers

3.] can you reproduce 'annotate tab' problem on simple drawing ? (e.g. cube with 1 dimension)

OR is the problem reproducible on complex drawings, only ? (in this case try to use selection filter)

Martin Hanak

Martin Hanák

Martin,

Thanks for the reply.

I tried the Open GL setting but no change. I have a NVIDIA Quatro 4000 graphics card with the latest driver installed (Driver Version: 8.17.12.7105 ).

I did try a simple assembly made up of several simple shapes and placed that in a drawing using my standard title block format. I created several pages detailing each part with notes, dims, and weld symbols and the file workes fine. This leads me to believe something is in my working file causing the issue.

From that I went back to my working drawing and deleted all but one page. The poor performance remains even with only the one page left in the file. I then removed all dims, notes, weld symbols, etc. and all but one simple view but still the slow or 'Not Responding' performance. Next I started removing drawing models from the file using the DWG Models Menu Manager. This did speed up the annotation tab somewhat, but not to the point of my simple test assembly. The model I left was a simple 5 piece assembly made up of structural steel channel and tube, nothing fancy. The one thing I did notice is that there is an aux_line font ( DXFFONT_3) that shows up in the lower left corner saying 'not loaded' The only place I see the linefont is in the drawing properties box. No idea where it came from or how to get rid of it.

At this point I'm about to revert back to ACAD and re-work the entire job, what should have been one day but now weeks do to issues. Any suggestions would be apprieciated.

Thanks, Ted

Ted,

if the problem is related to one specific drawing and you are not able to clean this drawing, then you have to put the drawing into trash and start again from the scratch. Of course you can send the drawing to PTC and ask them to repair it, but this solution may take a long time...

Martin Hanak

Martin Hanák

Same thing here. Since last Monday, Creo is barely usable. Crashes all the time. You never know when it will hit. Nothing changed in hardware or installed software on our PC's. This is the same across all of our 6 pcs. Although we updated Creo to M020 version.

Top Tags