cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Stay updated on what is happening on the PTC Community by subscribing to PTC Community Announcements. X

Can't open Parametric 3.0 - "ucore46.dll is missing"

cseaman-2
1-Newbie

Can't open Parametric 3.0 - "ucore46.dll is missing"

I recently installed Creo Parametric 3.0 on my laptop. The installation seemed to go smoothly but every time I try to open the program I get the error message "The program can't start because ucore46.dll is missing from your computer"

Any ideas?

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
4 REPLIES 4
STEVEG
21-Topaz I
(To:cseaman-2)

First of all, check to see if you have that file. We are still on Creo 2 and it's here:

<creo install dir>\Creo 2.0\Common Files\<build>\x86e_win64\lib

You can try to uninstall it and reinstall.  It might be that the path was not set anywhere.

Secondly, if that doesn't work then you can put it in the system variable.  But you need admin rights.

Right click on the Computer icon and select Properties.
Select Advanced system settings.

At the bottom of the Advanced tab select the Environment Variables button.
In the bottom table under System variables scroll down and select Path then the Edit button.

At the end of the Variable value line add the path to the directory location of the .dll file.

Will give that a try, thanks!

I have to reset my path manually each time I update the software.

My install has this path in the path statement:

C:\Creo2_M040\Creo 2.0\Parametric\bin (note: this is not the default path)

Purge.exe, on the other hand required me to move DLL files into the location where all Windows DLL's exit.

I don't know if that's been fixed but on my machine, it will always find the DLL's, even if they may be slightly out of date.

Hi Calum,

Were you able to resolve the issue or are you still running into an issue trying to open Creo 3.0?

Thanks,

Amit

Top Tags