cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Need help navigating or using the PTC Community? Contact the community team. X

Create a flat cable harness through ProToolkit API

stripathy-2
4-Participant

Create a flat cable harness through ProToolkit API

I am using Creo Parametric 7.0 7.0.3.0

Need to flat a cable harness through ProToolkit. Please let me know if any API is available. for ex - creating a feature with type - PRO_SMT_FLAT_PATTERN for Sheet Metal

3 REPLIES 3

Hello @stripathy-2, As of Creo Parametric 7.0 release, there is no Creo TOOLKIT API yet available to flatten a cable harness. You may submit a new product Idea. Please use [Product] Ideas at PTC Community

You may refer article CS67713 to know more about the Idea submission process.

Hi @stripathy-2,

While there is no API available in Creo Toolkit for harness flattening, there are some options for creating a flat harness through alternate means. Please send me an email privately if you'd like to talk further and I'll explain what I'm thinking. 🙂  

When I develop an algorithm or concept to handle a situation that current PTC tools cannot handle, I keep it guarded but I'm still willing to share. The only caveat is you cannot use my idea to create a new commercial product.

Best regards,

-Brian

RPN
17-Peridot
17-Peridot
(To:stripathy-2)

If you really need this, and you can’t extract the feature tree I would try to use an UDF. 

Top Tags