cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Learn all about PTC Community Badges. Engage with PTC and see how many you can earn! X

Creo 2 keeps on cashing - Windows 10 - Nvidia quadro 2000M graphics card

kpieterse
1-Newbie

Creo 2 keeps on cashing - Windows 10 - Nvidia quadro 2000M graphics card

Hi

Please could some one help...

Creo 2 crashes every time i open a new model, it basically will open half way then hangs. when i open it a second time it opens up fine, and i can work normally. it will do the same if opening a large drawing file.

i have installed the most current Beta driver from Nvidia (372.54-quadro-grid-desktop-notebook-win10-64bit-international-beta).

i'm currently running Windows 10 64 bit. 16 gigs Ram

System ManufacturerHewlett-Packard
System ModelHP EliteBook 8560w
System Typex64-based PC
System SKUXX058AV
ProcessorIntel(R) Core(TM) i7-2820QM CPU @ 2.30GHz, 2301 Mhz, 4 Core(s), 8 Logical Processor(s)
BIOS Version/DateHewlett-Packard 68SVD Ver. F.50, 8/4/2014
SMBIOS Version2.6

NameNVIDIA Quadro 2000M
PNP Device IDPCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_0DDA&SUBSYS_1631103C&REV_A1\4&1B2BA782&0&0008
Adapter TypeQuadro 2000M, NVIDIA compatible
Adapter DescriptionNVIDIA Quadro 2000M
Adapter RAM(2,147,483,648) bytes
Installed Driversnvd3dumx.dll,nvwgf2umx.dll,nvwgf2umx.dll,nvwgf2umx.dll,nvd3dum,nvwgf2um,nvwgf2um,nvwgf2um
Driver Version21.21.13.7254

Regards

Kevin

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
8 REPLIES 8
BenLoosli
23-Emerald II
(To:kpieterse)

Creo2 is not supported on Windows10.

Creo3m060 and higher are supported.

Hi Ben

Thank you for your response, what would your recommendation be, rolling back to windows 7? Will there be any support for Creo 2 and Windows 10 in the future?

regards

Kevin

Hi,

Creo Parametric 2.0 M190 and higher is supported on Windows 10 - see https://support.ptc.com/appserver/cs/view/solution.jsp?n=CS219828

Suggestion: Add following option at the end of config.pro file temporarily and test Creo behaviour.

graphics win32_gdi

MH

Martin Hanák

Hi MH

Thanks for the suggestion, I have tried it but the software(parts) in the models are very gittery for lesser word, not sure how to describe it.

I have reset the open GL option in config.pro and touch wood is been quiet stable. It does seem to be working a bit slower but no crashes.

I downloaded the Nvidia driver - version 369.09... I'll install it tonight see how it fairs.

thank you for your help.

regards

Kevin

Hi,

if I understand you well, then Creo stopped crashing after setting graphics win32_gdi. Note: "Bad" graphics display during model rotation is side effect of this setting.

Now you know that crashing problem is related to graphic card drivers and you can remove this setting and experiment with graphic card drivers to find the right version which enables you to set OPENGL graphics.

Important rule: HP EliteBook 8560w is notebook build by HP, therefore you must download drivers from HP site, only. Do not install drivers downloaded from NVIDIA site.

MH

Martin Hanák

Hi,

I visited HP support page ... http://h20564.www2.hp.com/hpsc/swd/public/readIndex?sp4ts.oid=5071172&lang=en&cc=us

hpsupportpage.png

Unfortunatelly Windows 10 drivers are not available for this notebook.

In http://support.ptc.com/WCMS/files/138217/en/hp_creo2.pdf doocument I found following supported graphic cards&drivers

NVIDIA Quadro M1000M 354.61

NVIDIA Quadro M1000M 361.91

NVIDIA Quadro M2000  361.91

NVIDIA Quadro M4000  361.91

MH

Martin Hanák

Hi,

according to information included in http://support.ptc.com/WCMS/files/138217/en/hp_creo2.pdf , HP EliteBook 8560w was certified on 12-Sep-2011 (5 years ago). I guess that HP will not release Windows 10 drivers for your "old" notebook.

MH

Martin Hanák

Hi MH

Thank you so much for your help... "it least there's closure"... i will just battle on until we upgrade or by some miracle someone hears my call and writes a patch to rectify the issue... (P.T.C. hope you listening), i'm sure i'm not alone.

regards

Kevin

Top Tags