cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Need to share some code when posting a question or reply? Make sure to use the "Insert code sample" menu option. Learn more! X

Creo Parametric Object Toolkit

dutt.thakar
4-Participant

Creo Parametric Object Toolkit

Hello all,

I am just starting to understand different customization options available with Creo and I have downloaded the user guides for it, I have found that, There are three user guides available on the PTC helps as mentioned below,

1. Creo Object Toolkit  (C Language) 

2. Creo Object Toolkit (C++) 

3. Creo Object tookit (java)

By seeing three different options for customization, I am not sure if all three has same functionality available or one of them is having more functions available for customization?

I have seen that the user guide for C Language is the longest around 2000 pages, and the C++ and Java both are around 800 pages.

To select which one to go for in future, I would like to know if all three are having same capabilities when it comes to automating Creo?

Those who are experienced users, please shed some light on this.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Dutt Thakar

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

In short, yes.

You can use:

1) C - will have 100% functionality, available in Creo API.

2) C++ with C conjunction - 100% functionality.

3) Java will be limited only Object Toolkit functionality. Roughly, 80% functionality from C.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

1. Creo Toolkit (C Language) is a most powerful for current day.

But you can use 2. Creo Object Toolkit (C++) and call C functions from C TOOLKIT if something not present in C++ Object Toolkit.

So you need to choose programming language with you know or prefer.

3. Creo Object tookit (java) - this is binding to Object Toolkit in Java programming language

@YaroslavSin 

Thanks for your reply, so it means that if I go for the Java Toolkit, I may be limited on some functionalities available in C and C++, correct?

In short, yes.

You can use:

1) C - will have 100% functionality, available in Creo API.

2) C++ with C conjunction - 100% functionality.

3) Java will be limited only Object Toolkit functionality. Roughly, 80% functionality from C.

I think mostly ysinitsyn is right. But there are not everything in 1. Some Things are only in 2. So you need TK and OTK if you want to get to the 100 %

e.g. ( I think )

LoadToleranceClass (wfcWSolid) is one of these. Some of the new functionalities that are in the wfcW... classes aren't into the C TK.

Br,

Eike

SuzhouPluto
5-Regular Member
(To:dutt.thakar)

How to deploy a development environment, using language

Translated with Google Translate by Iuliana Lazar on 1st sept 2022

Top Tags