cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you get an answer that solved your problem? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution so others with the same problem can find the answer easily. X

Creo does not start

Dimi
1-Newbie

Creo does not start

Hi,

I am evaluationg creao using the 30 day trial version. I used the web installer but after installation it does not start.

After pressing the program icon I get a "The program cant start because utfstrmt.dll is missing". I serached in the folders and its in the

C:\Program Files\PTC\Creo 2.0\Common Files\M090\x86e_win64\obj32 directory

I am using Win7, 64 bit.

Thanks

Dimi

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
sm
1-Newbie
1-Newbie
(To:Dimi)

Sounds like the web installer did not create a complete installation for you. I would suggest downloading the full ZIP, extract it locally and then run the installer. This will guarantee a complete installation with no issues around internet connectivity and web installation.

PS. In the future, I would suggest using one of the Creo Communities for questions like this vs. PTC Live Global.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
sm
1-Newbie
1-Newbie

Sounds like the web installer did not create a complete installation for you. I would suggest downloading the full ZIP, extract it locally and then run the installer. This will guarantee a complete installation with no issues around internet connectivity and web installation.

PS. In the future, I would suggest using one of the Creo Communities for questions like this vs. PTC Live Global.

Dimi
1-Newbie

Thanks,

I uninstalled and reinstalled PTC and it worked fine.

Thanks

Dimi

Glad to hear a reinstall worked, as Scott suggested I've moved this discussion into our community.

Top Tags