cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you know you can set a signature that will be added to all your posts? Set it here! X

Do we need to unlock distribution dll on every version??

RS_9601780
7-Bedrock

Do we need to unlock distribution dll on every version??

I am using Creo Parametric - Release 5.0 (connected) 5.0 5.0.6.0

DLL was unlocked on Creo 5.0.0 does not work on Creo 7.0. Get error message as "Creo tool kit application "" was not unlocked before distribution to your site.". Do we need to unlock the dll for every version separately??

Here are the errors that I faced
Creo tool kit application "" was not unlocked before distribution to your site.

3 REPLIES 3
RPN
17-Peridot
17-Peridot
(To:RS_9601780)

You Must unlock after each compilé, if you use the tk Lizenz alone you can unlock directly after compile.

rghadge
15-Moonstone
(To:RS_9601780)

@RS_9601780,

• Yes, you need to unlock Toolkit application separately for the desired version of Creo Parametric you intend to use. Additionally, you have to make sure you re-built Toolkit applications using that particular Creo Parametric version’s Toolkit libraries in supported Visual Studio version. For e.g. in this case you need to re-built your Toolkit application for Creo Parametric 7.0 in Visual Studio 2019 and then, unlock it using Creo 7.0 Toolkit license.
  • Reason of re-building Toolkit applications in newer version is: There are chances that many APIs could be deprecated in old version of Creo and superseded with new APIs in newer Creo version or there could be some bugs fixed for existing APIs in newer version of Creo. Hence, it is recommended to rebuild Toolkit application using newer version libraries in supported Visual Studio version.
RPN
17-Peridot
17-Peridot
(To:rghadge)

For sure this is true, but has nothing to do with unlock (in my point of view). During compile and link your dll code will contain some PTC bits in a very special order. This is done on each link/compile, the compile and linker will raise errors if some functions are no longer available.

For PTC the unlock is required to write Toolkit Applications at all, and that you have the valid license. Because if the special tag is found you must have a license, and the tag will be there after compile and link. 

I never tried to do this unlock on renamed lib files 😀 

So unlock is required after you have changed your code, every time 😩

Top Tags