cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - New to the community? Learn how to post a question and get help from PTC and industry experts! X

Easiest way to call specific centerlines to a drawing view?

rmcboaty
7-Bedrock

Easiest way to call specific centerlines to a drawing view?

We have a couple of standardized models for large bearings. i.e. ext. teeth, internal teeth, ball or roller and combinations thereof.

They are parametrised, which means that their dimensions can vary considerably (and thus scale factors on the drawings). One thing i've noticed is that proe alway blows up the centerlines when adjusting the scale, arranging them out of place. The view is a section view and the centerline usually ends up either well below the model or well above it, which makes correcting them a tedious and boring work.

I've found out though that if i suppress them before making a new part and then call them out, they come out OK.

what would be the easiest way to automate this? I would like to call a set of specific Clines from the model, like AAXIS3:F7 (DATUM AXIS) ID=49 (and about 5-10 more)

sadly we are on WF3, which was the last version not to feature VBA

i don't envision it by using a mapkey, since there are quite a lot of models, which means many different combinations; but it could fit perfectly with a programming language, since i would be able to find out which model it is from a parameter with some additional IF clauses probably (if gear correction == 0, you don't need this axis for example).

would it be possible in Jlink?

regards

0 REPLIES 0
Top Tags