cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Your Friends List is a way to easily have access to the community members that you interact with the most! X

Get the ID of certain parents of a weld feature in Pro/Toolkit

DanWolf
12-Amethyst

Get the ID of certain parents of a weld feature in Pro/Toolkit

I'm creating a Pro/Toolkit application in Creo 2.0 that reads fillet weld features in an assembly and creates a CSV file with some info about the welds. I'm stuck trying to differentiate types of parents. I want to get the IDs of only the "side 1" and "side 2" parents, and ignore any parents used as an "up to surface" or other extraneous type of reference.

I can use ProFeatureParentsGet to get all of the parent IDs, but I haven't figured out how to tell what types of references those are.

Extracting the element tree for a weld feature returns PRO_TK_INVALID_TYPE. And, I found CS62846 that says "Accessing the geometry references of assembly components used by a weld feature is not currently possible," so I guess examining an element tree isn't going to work.

Does anyone have any ideas of how to differentiate the types of a weld's parents in Pro/Toolkit?

Thanks,
Dan

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
0 REPLIES 0
Top Tags