cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Need to share some code when posting a question or reply? Make sure to use the "Insert code sample" menu option. Learn more! X

Getting XToolkitGeneralError exception on executing SetConstraints() API of ComponentFeat in JLink

Priyanka_B
5-Regular Member

Getting XToolkitGeneralError exception on executing SetConstraints() API of ComponentFeat in JLink

I am using Creo Parametric 7.0 7.0.4.0

I am trying to delete the component along with its related children, but before deleting them i am saving all the constraints of parent and child.
After deleting the components I am assembling new component and applying the same restored constraints.I am able to apply the constraints to parent but not able to set for child, it throws XToolkitGeneralError exception.

Here are the errors that I faced
Unable to set constraints to the componentFeat.

ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hello @Priyanka_B,

Constraints extracted before deleting the components will be come invalid after deleting the components. These constraints cannot be reused 'as is' as the components paths and the component references of the newly assembled components will not be same.

One could extract the information like component location / position, which surface and what type of constraint is applied and then use this information to re-create the constraints for the newly assembled components. I hope this clarifies.

Thanks,

Seshu

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

Hello @Priyanka_B,

Constraints extracted before deleting the components will be come invalid after deleting the components. These constraints cannot be reused 'as is' as the components paths and the component references of the newly assembled components will not be same.

One could extract the information like component location / position, which surface and what type of constraint is applied and then use this information to re-create the constraints for the newly assembled components. I hope this clarifies.

Thanks,

Seshu

Announcements

Top Tags