cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Help us improve the PTC Community by taking this short Community Survey! X

How i unlock my Creo ProToolKit Plugin ?

SS4598
12-Amethyst

How i unlock my Creo ProToolKit Plugin ?

As per the original post

Hi JB_87049

I am also receiving same error but I am not getting what does it mean to issue command protk_unlock.bat test.dll.

Should I open this batch file protk_unlock.bat and write somewhere this command?

Please can you help me this?

5 REPLIES 5
JB_87049
15-Moonstone
(To:SS4598)

Did you develop the software that is giving you this error yourself?

If I recall correctly this error message refers to the fact that the software is still locked to the protoolkit license that was used to develop this software.
If the software is distributed to someone else (e.g. by giving them the dll file of this application) it must be unlocked before it can be used by that person.

SS4598
12-Amethyst
(To:JB_87049)

Yes, I developed the .dat file myself and I registered it in Auxillary application. But when I click on Start it shows me this message. 

I found in User guideline that it should be unlocked first and I have seen this pro_unlock.bat but don't know what and how exactly the changes are to be done.

When you develop a DLL or EXE that file can only be ran using a Toolkit license. Unlocking the file removes the Toolkit license restrictions. So you can either launch your session with the license or unlock the file (which also requires the use of the Toolkit license for a few minutes).

Hi @SS4598,

I wanted to follow up with you on your post to see if your question has been answered. 
If so, please mark the appropriate reply as the Accepted Solution. 
Of course, if you have more to share on your issue, please let the Community know so that we can continue to help you. 

Thanks,
Anurag

RPN
17-Peridot
17-Peridot
(To:SS4598)

You can’t compile c source code and run in Creo. PTC wants to have money for the effort. 
In other words,

• you or your company need to have a Toolkit license. 
  • Edit the unlock bat, and here make sure that the license can be found 
  • run the unlock batch file from the command shell/dos prompt and specify as the first argument the path to your exe/dll and take care if the path contains white spaces
  • Now PTC will change one byte in your code, and the program is unlocked
  • In your creotk or protk specify the name of your app, else it is unknown
  • Now you can use the program without an issue on each computer, even if this is not part of your company 

Announcements

Top Tags