cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Learn all about PTC Community Badges. Engage with PTC and see how many you can earn! X

How to save CREO 2.0 map key parmantely.....

ptc-6058599
1-Newbie

How to save CREO 2.0 map key parmantely.....

Hi Everybody,

I have some clafrification in creo tool.

Any one can sugges how to slove this problem.

I have save map key in my working directory once at a time.

after i close my creo and reopen didn't work.

how to save permantely any one know

7 REPLIES 7

To make sure things are OK - try to open the mapkey files using the Configuration Options editor. By default the mapkeys are saved using .pro as the suffix.

If they work, then edit the mapkey file using a text editor and copy the mapkey commands; then edit the config.pro file in your starting directory using a text editor and paste the mapkey at the end of the file. The next time you start Creo, the mapkeys should work.

thanx .. can you explain detail....

any one can send ppt for this ANSWER?

You should click the mapkey you defined in the "Mapkeys" dialog, then click "Save" button to save this mapkey to the config file in your start workspace of Creo, for confirm, after you saved, go to the workspace to open config.pro to see if it already saved to the file, if yes, when you reopen Creo, the mapkey should work.

save the makpkeay file in deafult config.pro file which is retrived on starting creo. Select file>help>system information, under configuration option, see the deafult path of config.pro. and save your config.pro with mapkey in that path.

thank you sankar, to check the startup directory i was using right click Creo Icon > properties..that was a windows way of doing and you gave the Creo way to check the same..

You are welcome

Top Tags