cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Have a PTC product question you need answered fast? Chances are someone has asked it before. Learn about the community search. X

Installation issue with PTC installation assistant (Creo 2.0 student)

ptc-3448043
1-Newbie

Installation issue with PTC installation assistant (Creo 2.0 student)

Hi!

I've been trying to install Creo 2.0 student version using PTC installation assistant, and I get to the application selection menu.

Under "All applications will be installed at:"
I am free to select a drive other than C:. However, when I change the drive I want to install to, a popup warns me there is insufficient space on disk (0 available). I have tried temporarily freeing most of the drive, and the issue persists. Additionally, if I switch to 😧 and back to C:, it continues to say there is insufficient space (0 available), despite there being sufficient space before I changed to D:!

This is all quite baffling. My C: drive is a small solid-state drive, so I try to keep applications that require frequent or significant loading on that drive for speed. Creo is not such an application, so I would like to put it on my platter drive D:. Unfortunately, I seem to be unable to do this.

I have tried:
- Deleting the downloaded installer files and redownloading.
- Manually typing in the file location (the install button is grayed out as though it doesn't recognize I typed anything into the All applications will be installed at: dialog box)

- Installing to the default location: this works, but is not what I want to do, and I am hoping I won't be forced to do this as it is quite irritating to limit the space on my small C: drive.

I am using Windows 7 x64. This is the only program that has given my this sort of problem in recent years.

Apologies if I have posted this to the wrong place.

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Manually type in the path, followed by pressing enter.

Thank you both for attempting to solve my problem! I appreciate your time and helpfulness.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

Most of us seem to have better luck completely uninstalling the previouos version and do a fresh install from the full install set. The only thing I leave in place is the license manager (I use an older one).

Do you have sufficient disk space that is marginal, or do you have more than 3X the space required? It likely needs the room to load the compressed package file, the unzipped dataset, -and- the installed program dataset.

I am doing a fresh install each time. I have nothing PTC related installed on my computer.

Drive C: has about 15GB available (required is 3.4 max)
Drive 😧 has hundreds of GB available.

For clarity, the installer never makes it to the installation step. It gets to the point where I can select where to install it, and then exhibits the behavior described in my original post. It will not let me proceed to installation under any circumstances except installing to drive C: (and then, only if I don't change the drive first).

Hello,

After manually typing in the path to your D drive folder did you click on the arrow at the right from that path line? The path possibly won't get set if you don't click on that arrow pointing, which is pointing to the right till it's clicked.

I went back in to try this, and while it didn't work, I found out that to get it to work the expected way, I have to type in the path manually, and then press enter. Absolutely any other form of entry gives the unexpected behavior described in my original post. Using the drop-down arrow as you suggest only brings out the drop-down box, without "entering" my entered data.

Typing followed by pressing enter works just fine.

Manually type in the path, followed by pressing enter.

Thank you both for attempting to solve my problem! I appreciate your time and helpfulness.

Top Tags