cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Help us improve the PTC Community by taking this short Community Survey! X

Is Creos parametric and direct modelling revolutionary ?

nonamepicked
1-Newbie

Is Creos parametric and direct modelling revolutionary ?

Hi,

I just looked at Autodesk products. They have a product called 'Inventor Fusion'. It combines parametric and direct modelling. So what is revolutionary on Creo ?

Different modules- according to your daily needs ? - It's not new.

Special and customized apps ? - What about the Pro/Toolkit and WebLink, JLink ? There was also the possibility to create 'apps' - EFX is the best example.

One data base with data management? - It seems that ADesk already has such features - Inventor + Vault - interfaces to other ADesk products.

Or is it just a new image?

a new interface?

(a new attempt to earn money ?)

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
2 REPLIES 2

I'm speculating (I have no direct experience on CREO, yet...) but I think what PTC will tell you is that they will be offering a "round trip" where you can start in parametric, then do some explicit, then back to parametric....NX doesn't allow for the round trip. I did have a demo of fusion and was impressed (GUI REALLY nice job) but I don't think fusion is allowing for a full round trip, at least not yet...

It's hard to believe that you can switch a direct modell into a parametric one.

There are too many ways to create solids.

Example:

simple Cylinder: Extrusion or Rotation ?

complex geometry: Surfaces or Solids ?

But maybe they've found a way. I'm excited what it will look like.

Top Tags