cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can Bookmark boards, posts or articles that you'd like to access again easily! X

Jlink app failed to start Creo 8

pgalens
11-Garnet

Jlink app failed to start Creo 8

Hello

Have four j-link synchronize apps developed in creo 2. Went to Creo 6 from Creo 2. Recompiled using the OTK.jar with java 6. Worked with no problem. With Creo 8 they failed to start. Recompiled the apps with Java 8 with the OTK.jar from creo 8. Still does not work they fail to start. Compiled install_test this app will not start.. The config in the folder otk_java_appls\install_test has this config "regen_failure_handling resolve_mode" is this needed? 

this config setting "jlink_java_command C:\Program Files\Java\jdk1.8.0_333\jre\bin\java.exe" does not seam to do anything. Do not have it in my Creo 6 and it works.

Peter

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
pgalens
11-Garnet
(To:remy)

From cs26558 the potential issue was #8 Bad install. Our IT dept. pushes the install over the network to the machines that need it. When we went to Creo 6 from 2 the OTK.jar was not installed. So they added line to copy the  OTK.jar  to the proper folder. So when 8 was installed they copied the OTK.jar from 6 and overwrote the otk.jar from 8. Once the the jar was replaced with correct one, it worked. Happened to notice the the Jar in the creo 8 location was 2 years older the other files.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
remy
21-Topaz I
(To:pgalens)

Porting from Creo 2.0 to Creo 6 was successful and your Creo 6 runtime failed to start with Creo 8. Despite recompiling with Creo 8, the application fails to start. install_test is indeed a benchmark in your instance and the test reveals that your instance of Creo 8 needs to be set.

Can you confirm that the error message you get is Startup of application "<Application Name>" failed ?

Thanks to your confirmation this will narrow down the investigation. 

pgalens
11-Garnet

Yes I get this for my all my applications

pgalens_0-1661792401065.png

Other information

with jlink_java_command set in the config the install_test app would register but fail to start. With my apps they register but when try to start they lock-up the Creo session. Auxiliary Applications (Not Responding) . Without the  jlink_java_command both would register but fail to start.

install_test is located in C:\Program Files\PTC\Creo 8.0.4.0\Common Files\otk_java_free\otk_java_appls\install_test

My apps are on a network drive (similar location as Creo6 which works)

sjuraj
13-Aquamarine

Have you tried messing with compatibility ?

sjuraj_0-1661800904030.png

pgalens
11-Garnet
(To:sjuraj)

Should have looked into Otk_Java_RelNotes.pdf

Creo 8.0.0.0 requires the latest version of JAVA 11 installed on your machine.

I downloaded Java 11.. Will install and test.

remy
21-Topaz I

Indeed.
Another hint is left with this article 89628 that list potential causes of the error.

The first bullet leads to the compatibility of the Java Runtime.

Well done https://www.ptc.com/support/-/media/7D1BD5F82F7B483C90454DE134F29D8E.ashx?sc_lang=en 

pgalens
11-Garnet

From cs26558 the potential issue was #8 Bad install. Our IT dept. pushes the install over the network to the machines that need it. When we went to Creo 6 from 2 the OTK.jar was not installed. So they added line to copy the  OTK.jar  to the proper folder. So when 8 was installed they copied the OTK.jar from 6 and overwrote the otk.jar from 8. Once the the jar was replaced with correct one, it worked. Happened to notice the the Jar in the creo 8 location was 2 years older the other files.

Top Tags