cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you get called away in the middle of writing a post? Don't worry you can find your unfinished post later in the Drafts section of your profile page. X

Jlink capabilities

CAD_user
13-Aquamarine

Jlink capabilities

Hello,

I'm starting to look to j link programming. I have made a lot of searches across internet, and looking to the sample files, and I must admit, that i'm a bit lost.

I have several questions about it. First have read that it's a language quite limited in CREO, it only has around 40% of creo's capabilities. So my question is, what is possible to do with Jlink and creo. Another question, is where can we make the programs and debugging? last but no least, where I can find some demos, or books, or some material to learn it?

Much appreciated by your help

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
sjuraj
13-Aquamarine
(To:CAD_user)

you can not work with feature tree in jlink (only with toolkit) but you can combine jlink and macros so theoretically it is possible 

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7

Hi,

if you select JLink item during Creo installation you will get a set of example applications and also userguide containing functionality range. In my Creo 2.0 installation, the above mentioned information is located in E:\PTC\Creo2_M190_JLink\Creo 2.0\Common Files\M190\jlink directory.

Martin Hanák
CAD_user
13-Aquamarine
(To:MartinHanak)

I already saw that folder. But I must confess, that I'm still a bit lost. Will I be able to create features? Will I be able to insert UDF located on specific folders? Can I manage parameters?

If you were starting a programming language for CREO, which one would you choose? And why?

@CAD_user wrote:

I already saw that folder. But I must confess, that I'm still a bit lost. Will I be able to create features? Will I be able to insert UDF located on specific folders? Can I manage parameters?

If you were starting a programming language for CREO, which one would you choose? And why?

Hi,

you are a great optimist when you expect to find answers on the user forum that will allow you to make money quickly and easily.

You surely know that if you want to work as a professional then you need professional training.

Suggestion: Contact company providing professional training in your country.

Martin Hanák
CAD_user
13-Aquamarine
(To:MartinHanak)

ok. You couldn't be more honest as that...

But generally a forum is used to trade some expertise and some experiences. But you are correct if there are some ways to make money, this could be one.

sjuraj
13-Aquamarine

I use jlink and there is no tutorial on the internet. Your only and best choice is jlink pdf guide. It is quite well written and you have to be patient to learn jlink. With jlink you can do lot of staff except of dialogs but you can use java one but them can not be displayed as window only like modal dialogs witch do not appear in taskbar.

CAD_user
13-Aquamarine
(To:sjuraj)

Am I able to copy quilts from a part to another. I was thinking about having an attribute(name or a parameter) in the desired quilt and copy and solidify in the destination part.

Something similar to emulate this :

https://youtu.be/Ps0EqrfxOCQ
sjuraj
13-Aquamarine

you can not work with feature tree in jlink (only with toolkit) but you can combine jlink and macros so theoretically it is possible 

Top Tags