cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - If community subscription notifications are filling up your inbox you can set up a daily digest and get all your notifications in a single email. X

Library Missing from OTK_Install make file for Visual Studio

MH_10366957
9-Granite

Library Missing from OTK_Install make file for Visual Studio

otk.PNG

I am trying to follow the object toolkit guide Getting Started with Creo® Object TOOLKIT C++ (ptc.com) to get the object toolkit for creo 8, and am stuck on step 11 due to this error. Did I miss an install option or how do I get ahold of this library?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

To solve both of the issues that I had, I needed to make sure I installed the Protoolkit for C along with the Object toolkit for C++. For Creo 8.0.5.0, when trying to build the Visual Studio otk_install.sln file, I needed to make sure that I was on the 8.1 SDK but also be on the V143 of the platform toolset instead of V140

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

I installed the C toolkit as well which gave me the needed libraries, however I am now receiving these errors when trying to build the make file

lnk_error.PNGlnk_error2.PNG

To solve both of the issues that I had, I needed to make sure I installed the Protoolkit for C along with the Object toolkit for C++. For Creo 8.0.5.0, when trying to build the Visual Studio otk_install.sln file, I needed to make sure that I was on the 8.1 SDK but also be on the V143 of the platform toolset instead of V140

Top Tags