cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Have a PTC product question you need answered fast? Chances are someone has asked it before. Learn about the community search. X

Lines invisible in PDF print

MP_9215870
10-Marble

Lines invisible in PDF print

Hi,

In my drawing frame there I want to have some lines which I do not want to see on my PDF print (visible only on screen).

how do I configure that - in creo? or in Pen table file?

Thanks in advance for help.

4 REPLIES 4

@MP_9215870 wrote:

Hi,

In my drawing frame there I want to have some lines which I do not want to see on my PDF print (visible only on screen).

how do I configure that - in creo? or in Pen table file?

Thanks in advance for help.

Hi,

please upload following ...

• picture explaining your problem
  • PDF file
  • Creo data packed in single zip file

Martin Hanák
dnordin
15-Moonstone
(To:MP_9215870)

Change the color of the lines to "Edge Highlight" which uses pen 8. Create a pen table file that changes the color of pen 8 to 1.0 1.0 1.0 (white). Assuming your background color of your PDF files is white, the lines will not show on the PDF.

See http://support.ptc.com/cs/cs_26/howto/plt522/plt522.htm for more information.

If the lines are created at the drawing level (not part of the format), you can place the lines on a layer, and blank the layer at the time of PDF creation.

You didn't mention for what the lines are used.  If you just need snapping references, you can use grids which don't plot.  Various grid settings can be changed quickly via mapkeys.

Regards,

Dan N.

Setting specific lines to white does work for these lines - ok

But when I do this also the Main Geometry lines in the drawing disappear (Bug?)

@MP_9215870 wrote:

Setting specific lines to white does work for these lines - ok

But when I do this also the Main Geometry lines in the drawing disappear (Bug?)

Hi,

all system colors have assigned their keyword which enables you to assign them specific pen.

https://support.ptc.com/help/creo/creo_pma/r10.0/usascii/index.html#page/data_exchange/interface/Def...

These keywords enable you to assign specific pen to specific line.

Martin Hanák
Top Tags