cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Need help navigating or using the PTC Community? Contact the community team. X

Modelcheck report customisation

khimani_mohiki
14-Alexandrite

Modelcheck report customisation

We are planning to upgrade to Creo 5 at some point in the new year, I would like to be able to add some customisation to the Modelcheck report.

We have some issues with Users performing 'Save-As' on legacy Relative accuracy parts, all part going forward should be Absolute accuracy.

Utopia solution would be to provide some kind of very obvious, very clear warning at the point where 'Save-As' is performed from Creo or when a model is loaded from Windchill which is in Relative accuracy, however after asking on other areas of this community it doesn't appear this is possible?

So the fall back solution is to create a custom Modelcheck to check the part is Absolute, I am aware this could be done with Toolkit but I have no experience with it, at a minimum we would like to check the ACCURACY_INFO and display the error or warning if it does not equal Absolute.

I am aware we can check for part accuracy with Modelcheck, we do this currently and have set the tolerances so low that we only get an error if the part is absolute, it achieves the end goal but its not clear enough what the issue is without supplementing with additional training material. I want something that very clearly tells the users that the part they are working on is in Relative accuracy and they should change it immediately to Absolute.

Can anyone help?

2 REPLIES 2

Hello,

While the ideal solution is not currently available in ModelCHECK, what we are introducing in Creo 6.0 is an ability to customize the Help links in the ModelCHECK report, such that instead of being directed to PTC's help for a particular check, your users would be directed to your own help documentation. In this way, if a user runs into an accuracy error but doesn't know why, the help link would direct to your own documentation that would suggest that they ensure the accuracy is set to Absolute. 

Again, I know that this isn't the ideal solution for you, but hopefully it at least helps. Of course, another problem is that this will only be in Creo 6.0, not Creo 5.0.

Please let me know your thoughts.

Luke

I should have mentioned, our current solution in Creo 3 is to edit the modelcheck report banner as below

Picture1.png

however the Modelcheck report format has changed in Creo 5 to a pop-out window, can I edit this to add a message similar to the banner we have in Creo 3?

Top Tags