cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - When posting, your subject should be specific and summarize your question. Here are some additional tips on asking a great question. X

Narrowing selection type

ZS_10383889
6-Contributor

Narrowing selection type

Hello all,

Is there some way to set the filter in the lower right of the status bar programmatically to narrow the selection type? 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Maybe, you can run mapkey to change a value in the selection filter listbox.

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
FV
17-Peridot
17-Peridot
(To:ZS_10383889)

the first argument to ProSelect() function is a 'run-time' selection filter.

FV_0-1667948374177.png

ZS_10383889
6-Contributor
(To:FV)

Thanks.

I think I was not specific enough. I intended to say without using function ProSelection.

Now I think that the filter in the lower right of the status bar does not anything but just serves as parameter to be applied for the above function.

FV
17-Peridot
17-Peridot

are you trying to use  ProSelbufferSelectionsGet(...) function?

ZS_10383889
6-Contributor

Yes, that is exactly what I do. But the user on each stage should be able to choose only one specific type. So, I want to provide this without using Parametric UI but programmatically.

Maybe, you can run mapkey to change a value in the selection filter listbox.

If there is no other choice. Thanks.

FV
17-Peridot
17-Peridot

perhaps UI could be programmed similar to how hole-feature definition's 'Placement' dialog box is working - the dialog starts with pre-selection enabled 'Placement' input panel, but for 'Offset References' panel - an end user must left-click on the panel area and that starts ProSelect() (in no-dialog-mode) which specifies available selection filters. 

ZS_10383889
6-Contributor

Thanks FV,

But for now, I prefer to avoid ProSelect() complexities all together and filtering from selections. This greatly simplifies the program flow.

Top Tags