cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can subscribe to a forum, label or individual post and receive email notifications when someone posts a new topic or reply. Learn more! X

Need a autopopulated parameter for Creo version number.

rbuker
3-Visitor

Need a autopopulated parameter for Creo version number.

I need to have a parameter in the notes that can retrieve the Creo version number for identification of the model data set "computer application" and "version" IAW ASME Y14.41.  I can not find a hidden parameter or anything to use that will automatically update during revisions.

5 REPLIES 5

as one way to approach this:

If you are using windchill, to get the revision and version, you can use:

PTC_WM_REVISION

PTC_WM_ITERATION

if not, you can create your own parameter(s)

as far as putting in the note, you can create a parameter in the model with text, ie:

MBD as a string parameter, value equals IAW ASME Y14.41

so in your note, you would have something like:

REVISION: &PTC_WM_REVISION

VERSION: &PTC_WM_ITERATION

OBTAIN MODEL DATA &MBD

modelcheck can be used to automatically add these if so desired.

Ron- What I am looking for is the Creo software version.  I am displaying the model information as you have stated.

I am trying to create a parameter that will update to "Creo 3.0" or "Creo 4.0" as we progress thru the different revisions without the user needing to manually update the information.  This would be included in a list that would display the software used and the model revision information as you had stated.

I assumed there must be some hidden parameter that could be teased out of the system.

Hi,

although Creo version number is written inside Creo file (line no.12), I do not believe that it is available inside Creo session via some system parameter.

MH

Martin Hanák
llie
16-Pearl
(To:rbuker)

Randy,

We researched the same issue because we wanted out files to be compliant to 14.41 and the only thing we could come up with is having a restricted value parameters list.

All the years that we wanted are listed and we will just change the default each year.

rfredo
4-Participant
(To:llie)

we have a weblink API to finout the creo version

Top Tags