cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PDMLink installation

Highlighted

PDMLink installation

Good Morning all,
I'm new to the Windchill/PDMLink administration world, coming from a IntraLink 3.x administration position. I have been charged with creating a 'clone' system (among other things) of the production Windchill/PDMLink system. The problem is that the clone system had a previous installation on it, on different drives than the production system. My question is how do you completely cleanse the old installation from a system so a new installation works correctly?

The specific problems are:

* Oracle home setting, instead of Orahome92 on d:\oracle\ora92 it keeps setting itself to Orahome9 when selecting the d:\ path. If I change it to Orahome92, it changes the path to c:\oracle\ora92 (which was the old installation path).

* The installation of the Oracle service for Windchill (d:\oracle\ora92\bin\oracle.exe wind) does not get created during the installation of the database. So a connection to the database is not possible from sqlplus or the svrmgrl.

I'm going to make a call to PTC on this, but right now I'm thinking about toasting the whole server and re-loading the OS from scratch and then loading the applications to mirror the production server.

Any suggestions would be helpful.

Mike Ibosh
Engineering Systems Administrator
FN Manufacturing LLC
Phone: (803) 736-0522 x390
Fax: (803) 736-4169

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted

Re: PDMLink installation

Gents

In a former life, I ran into a similiar situation setting up
a test Pro/INTRALINK environment.

The configuration of the test server was different
than that of the production server.

If you are running a server with Windows O/S,
then you can use the SUBST command to create
virtual drives that behave like the real thing, then
reference those during the installation.

For example
SUBST f: c:\f_drive
will create an F drive, but in actuality it will reside on c:\f_drive.

I have also used this to migrate users from old
to new workstations that have different drive configurations.
Highlighted

RE: PDMLink installation

Thanks to all that responded to this email. I had gotten some very good advice from you and thank you all for the input. Most of the responses were basically to toast the system and re-load from a clean slate. We are looking into a re-load, but in the mean time, I have gotten a proceedure from PTC (see attached) to completely remove the Oracle installation from a system (many registery settings and files/folders to clean up). I'll be trying that today. Once again, thanks to all and I hope the attached proceedure is helpful.

Mike Ibosh
Announcements