cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can subscribe to a forum, label or individual post and receive email notifications when someone posts a new topic or reply. Learn more! X

PTCstatus.bat and multiple licenses

dvarkevisser
1-Newbie

PTCstatus.bat and multiple licenses

Hello all,

I have been asked to build a little application for a company that shows available licenses before someone startsup Wildfire. The company works with al kind of old license packages like flex-eng package, foundation advantage etc. so an engineer sometimes has to try starting up totree licenses before he picks one thats free.

The application is based on PTCstatus.bat, the PTCstatus.bat results are send to a .txt file my application reads this file and filters the available licences. The application shows a green light if the license is free and a red one if not.

Problem is: some license have na maintenance so they are limited to WF1 while others are bought later and can be used to startup WF3. ( in this company some projects are done in WF1 others in WF3) sometimes the licenses have thesame name. For instance: 2 licenses foundation - one can be used for WF3 and down - the other can be used for WF1 and down.

so if the engineer wants to open WF1 my application should show 2 available foundation licenses

and it the engineer wants to open WF3 my application should show 1 available foundation license.

Can this be done with ptclstatus.bat? does ptcstatus.bat shows which version of Wildfire can be started with a specific license file?

Whats the difference in running ptcstatus.bat from c:wf1/binand c:wf3/bin ?

Kind regards,

Dennis Varkevisser

+31 6 50 68 01 79
</u>

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
0 REPLIES 0
Top Tags