cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Stay updated on what is happening on the PTC Community by subscribing to PTC Community Announcements. X

Parametric 6 Options not saving

Crowmagnus
6-Contributor

Parametric 6 Options not saving

I recently switched to Creo 6 and I am running into a problem of the ribbon customization's reverting back to default upon reopening Creo. It also keeps giving me the "New to Creo Parametric?" popup window.

Config.pro in both locations don't seem to have any effect on it. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Crowmagnus
6-Contributor
(To:Crowmagnus)

I reinstalled and the problem went away.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
BenLoosli
23-Emerald II

UI customizations are not stored in the config.pro files.

They are stored in a file in your start in folder.

Be sure you have read/write access to that folder. By default PTC sets the Start In folder to the load point, which in my case, the users do NOT have RW access to.

Hi,

customization information is saved into creo_parametric_customization.ui file. By default this file is located in some sub-directory of %APPDATA%\PTC directory. If PTC_WF_ROOT variable is defined in parametric.psf file then creo_parametric_customization.ui file is saved into %PTC_WF_ROOT%\.Settings directory.

Martin Hanák
TomU
23-Emerald IV

To add to what @MartinHanak said, if you have the config option 'load_ui_customization_run_dir' set to 'yes' then the .ui files are stored in the startup (working) directory.  We use this option since our users always have write access to their startup directory.

Crowmagnus
6-Contributor
(To:TomU)

Still no luck. I'll try reinstalling.

Crowmagnus
6-Contributor

I reinstalled and the problem went away.
RPN
17-Peridot
17-Peridot

There is checkbutton in the lower left corner, you should click this🙃

Crowmagnus
6-Contributor
(To:RPN)

I did close to 50 times. It also wouldn't save changes to the ribbon.
Top Tags